UL KittyKettle

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
DarenN

Re: UL KittyKettle

Post by DarenN » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:49 pm

you ok, RR? :o

i'd check that wistle/top for an obstruction. that's twice that the top has blown off. it shouldn't do that!

the Kelly Kettle instructions tell you, in no uncertain terms, that the cork must be out of the spout for heating water.
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:27 pm

DarenN wrote:you ok, RR? :o

i'd check that whistle/top for an obstruction. that's twice that the top has blown off. it shouldn't do that!

the Kelly Kettle instructions tell you, in no uncertain terms, that the cork must be out of the spout for heating water.
I don't think he read the instructions :o

RR read instructions or else wear face shield.....better yet, full body armor. :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:11 pm

I think I know what's wrong..maybe it's supposed to whistle when it's flying back to earth.. :shock:

Now I know where all the bad "brain genes" ended up in our family..eh,Cuz.... :roll:
Gees..I gotta see the third one! :lol: .Are you going to sell tickets to the encore?..Do you light M80s in your hand also?That should video pretty cool... :o

Let's see..third degree burns,a big dent alongside the head..I got a hunch why they chained the lid to the bottle. ;)
I wonder how many launched-lost bottle cap whistles(that didn't whistle) they had to replace before they got the chain idea.

Is your medical coverage up-to -date?Is your wife the beneficiary?When's that infamous "final garage sale" she's going to have with all your stuff?Can you tell us in advance of your next test so we can be at the garage sale the following weekend after your wake?

I've got a light beer one that sounds like an old fart..I'll send it to you if it'll save your life... :mrgreen:

You do realize that video is supposed to be in this thread--->
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4675

Please read this and think about it before your next test:
A Herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo and, when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular culling of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as its slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we all know, kills off brain cells. Naturally, the alcohol attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. As a result, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, constantly making the brain a faster and more efficient machine..So let's all go have another one before your next test! ;)

Okay..I'm done. :cry: (but I do have more... :roll: ..)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

DaddyMnM

Post by DaddyMnM » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:51 pm

RR,

At least one other person had this problem according to review in amazon.com

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... ewpoints=1

But they are capable of working right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_0Ao_Zi3bg

Hopefully the whistle is simply plugged as Daren suggested or there is something in the instructions to help. Until you get it figured out I'd avoid being in line with the spout and avoid handling the kettle when its on the boil.

-DM2

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:48 am

DarenN wrote:i'd sure like to know how that whistle is built! ;)
I remember when we were young kids that we sometimes would get whistling things like that in Cracker Jacks as prizes.They consisted of a metal sleeve about 3/4" across that had a flat metal bladed fan on a shaft at one end.You blew into the other end and it would produce a nice loud whistle!I imagine they should have an idea somewhere on the net to make the things... :roll:

Only thing I've found on the net are "small hole creates the whistling sound"..Have you tried that with a somewhat airtight lid other than the pressure hole?
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:46 am

Daren, I will disassemble the whistle for you soon. I am positive the whistle works as I have gently blown in it an it whistles. I am pretty sure the problem lies in the fact that I put it on too snug. I bought this new, secondhand, on ebay and there were no instructions. I will check the site before the next burn. I ended up with 1st degree burns on the left hand and right forearm. Eight hours of ice packs and I am able to function again. ;) :oops:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:06 am

Sorry to be so rough on you in the posting,Cuz..I assumed you got lucky and unharmed by your post after the incident... :lol:
Did the ebay seller say why he was selling it?Maybe he had a similar incident...It appears the whistle portion must get pinched off when the lid is too tight,or a gasket or something covering the hole.You are probably fortunate the whole thing didn't explode... :shock:

zelph

Post by zelph » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:06 pm

While we wait for RR's 3rd is a charm video, watch this one.

"Kelly Kettle Blues"

What do you think the title of the video should be?

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56

Post by oops56 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:17 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: man play with fire man get burnt [ not this guy ] :lol: :lol: i can do better with my flint and steel :DB: :DB:
Man play with fire man get burnt

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:57 pm

Alright, I have licked my wounds and had a third go at it. This time the whistle was gently placed on the spout! ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !