Aussie All weather Cookset Test

Give results of stoves tested. At least three test burns made in succession using 1/2 ounce of denatured alcohol and 2 cups of water. Give any and all additional conditions that exist during testing.

Stoves bought retail and Do-It-Yourself stoves. Everyone is welcome to post their results and post comments.
Ridgerunner

Aussie All weather Cookset Test

Post by Ridgerunner » Sat May 24, 2008 11:28 pm

I just recently purchased this new cookset on ebay. It is made in Austraila and looks to be similar to a Sigg tourister Cookset. The Aluminum is light and the burner feels to be lighter than the trangia burner. The burner does not come with a simmer attachment.
ImageImageImageImageImage

The three test burns were done with 1/2 ounce denatured alcohol, 42 degree water/ 2 cups, in a controlled enviroment.

The first two test achieved a boil at the 7:30 mark and flame out at 8:45
The third test achieved a boil at 7:40 and flame out at the 9 minute mark.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

DarenN

Re: Aussie All weather Cookset Test

Post by DarenN » Sun May 25, 2008 12:13 am

nice looking kit!
what is the size of the burner as compared to the Trangia?

Daren.......
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sun May 25, 2008 12:21 am

what is the size of the burner as compared to the Trangia?
looks to be about the same size but looks cheaper in quality but that might be why it feels lighter. I will do a comparison tomorrow. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue May 27, 2008 12:28 pm

That's a winner. An inverted caldera cone. Only in the land of OZ :D Nice, interesting find Ridgrunner. Looks like it has baking capabilities.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Tue May 27, 2008 4:27 pm

Looks like it has baking capabilities.
OH, YOU would have to go there. Good eye Zelph. I bet it would bake like a dream. Now, I'm going to have to do some more bake testing. Thanks, Zelph ! Well, it has been a little while since we went on our muffin baking binge ! :lol: :lol:

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue May 27, 2008 6:37 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
Looks like it has baking capabilities.
OH, YOU would have to go there. Good eye Zelph. I bet it would bake like a dream. Now, I'm going to have to do some more bake testing. Thanks, Zelph ! Well, it has been a little while since we went on our muffin baking binge ! :lol: :lol:
I'll be using my Muffin ring Baker at the end of June. I'm headed to the upper peninsula to the Copper Mining Keweenaw area with my daughter to do some camping/hiking/rock collecting.

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Tue May 27, 2008 9:28 pm

I'll be using my Muffin ring Baker at the end of June. I'm headed to the upper peninsula to the Copper Mining Keweenaw area with my daughter to do some camping/hiking/rock collecting.
I'm heading up there in October. A friend of mine has a cabin around Big Twin Lake for some camping, hiking, and fishing. I've never been up there but look forward to it. ;)

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue May 27, 2008 11:40 pm

Big Twin Lake, I'll google it and see where it is. Maybe I'll plan for a later trip also ;)

Tony

Post by Tony » Wed May 28, 2008 6:03 pm

A good find Ridgrunner,

I have not seen one of these "Aussie All weather Cooksets" in my local camping shops, I have just done a search and only found one shop in Perth that stocks them and they are out of stock.

I will keep looking

Tony

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed May 28, 2008 8:40 pm

Tony wrote:A good find Ridgrunner,

I have not seen one of these "Aussie All weather Cooksets" in my local camping shops, I have just done a search and only found one shop in Perth that stocks them and they are out of stock.

I will keep looking

Tony
Hi there Tony, I was skunked on my fishing plans, the weather pulled craps on us :mrgreen:

Hey, how about the design of this Aussie cookset???? looks geat, the inverted caldera cone feature :mrgreen: