Wood pile tarp tie down

Have you found a cool item at a retail outlet that's in everyone's backyard? Well let's hear about it.
oops56

Wood pile tarp tie down

Postby oops56 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:39 am

I got these at the dollar store they are for little dogs to hold them but are better for holding down a tarp

Man play with fire man get burnt

Ridgerunner

Re: Wood pile tarp tie down

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:46 am

Good idea Oops. Hopefully the ground is soft enough to twist them in because there is no way to drive them in. I use those to leash down the 12 ft. inflatable snowman we use in the winter. I have to get it set up before the ground freezes or I have to use alternative stakes.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:02 am

They were made specifically for us to trip over!!!!!! I've used them for the same purpose as Oops does. The're toe stubbers :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Pure Mahem

Postby Pure Mahem » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:50 pm

I used one of those when my dog was a puppy. Didn't work so well for it's intended purpose found fido dragging it down the street 10 mins afte I hooked him to it. Good thing there wasn't any traffic. Strong Puppy! :mrgreen:
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"

Allen

Postby Allen » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:01 pm

Great tip oops56!

Thanks! :)

CajunHiker

Postby CajunHiker » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:39 pm

I've got a couple of those to use for my non-tree hammock setup. I think I bought the last one at HD for around 2 bucks.
Has anyone seen a smaller version of these? I'm looking to find something lighter.

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:34 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Good idea Oops. Hopefully the ground is soft enough to twist them in because there is no way to drive them in. I use those to leash down the 12 ft. inflatable snowman we use in the winter. I have to get it set up before the ground freezes or I have to use alternative stakes.

What kind tiedowns come with those blowup lawn ornaments? Are they small corskrew type?

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:40 pm

CajunHiker wrote:I've got a couple of those to use for my non-tree hammock setup. I think I bought the last one at HD for around 2 bucks.
Has anyone seen a smaller version of these? I'm looking to find something lighter.

You might be able to do a little nip and tuck with a pair of bolt cutters. Make a cut just above the swivel ring. Bend the remaining verticle piece so that it's at a 90 degree to the coiled part. Nip off 1 coil on the very end at slant to retain point for ground penetration. Might still work and will have lost some ounces. :)

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:40 pm

What kind tiedowns come with those blowup lawn ornaments? Are they small corskrew type?

They are about the size of Oops's tarp tiedowns.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Return to “Dime Store Diamonds”