WallyWorld Clearence!

Have some lightweight gear to be rid of for one reason or another, post it here!!!
realityguy

Re: WallyWorld Clearence!

Postby realityguy » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:13 am

When I got mine last year($35) the Outdoor Products water bladders/backpacks (64oz?)were on sale also for $5 each..I bought two,one for clean water and one for dirty water...I think all the parts were there for making up a gravity system in about 10-15 minutes.I can filter one bag at the river and take back a dirty one to camp for later filtering when 128oz is needed.I just used the second sealed bite-valve as the shut-off(plug)...
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:21 pm

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:53 pm

Pure Bullshit!:.
The Sawyer Water Filter has a lifetime limited warranty against defects in workmanship. Should this product fail due to failure in workmanship, return it to one of our authorized repair facilities. We will repair it or replace it at our discretion, free of charge. Repairs due to improper use or care, negligence, product modification, or accident are not covered under this warranty agreement, but can be performed at a nominal charge on request. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser. All shipping charges are the responsibility
of the purchaser. Return shipping and handling is $5 for most items.

WARNING: DO NOT FREEZE
FREEZE DAMAGE IS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY!

* DO NOT DROP FILTER FROM HIGH HEIGHTS, IT MAY DAMAGE HOUSING WHICH IS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY
* DO NOT MODIFY FILTER IN ANY WAY, THIS WILL VOID WARRANTY AND MAY RESULT IN FILTER NOT PERFORMING AS DESIGNED
* DO NOT USE HOUSEHOLD CLEANERS OR SOAP WITH FILTER
* DRINK MIXES MUST BE COMPLETELY DISSOLVED BEFORE THEY WILL PASS THROUGH THE FILTER!
* FILTER HOUSING IS NOT INTENDED TO BE OPENED BY CONSUMER AND MAY LEAK IF OPENED; THIS IS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY
* THE WARRANTY ONLY APPLIES TO THE FILTER AND DOES NOT COVER BOTTLE, TUBES, AND OTHER PARTS

Sawyer Products, Inc.
605 7th Ave. North
Safety Harbor, FL 34695

1-800-356-7811
Hours: M-F 9:00-4:00 EST

In order to receive replacement parts, you must return the original part to the above address. Before Sending In Your Repair… Always contact us for a RA # prior to sending anything in for service.

Include your RA#, name, complete address, phone number and a brief note or packing list with your returned item(s). Failures occurring due to a manufacturing defect, within the warranty period of respective items, will be repaired/ replaced at no charge. For all others, parts and labor will be charged at current retail prices. All warranty repairs carry a lifetime warranty against defects in materials or workmanship.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Read the "fine print"...
At their discretion..the only warranty is for "failure in workmanship"
If you modify it(remove it from the bottle more than likely)you void the warranty...The bottle and other parts aren't in the warranty...
Misuse,etc..etc..isn't covered..at their discretion...

I wanna see you try and get that warranty if your filter is clogged before the million gallons is up... :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:53 pm

Every manufacturer has disclaimers like that. If you want to, measure 1 million gallons and put in a claim.

As for me, I did not use "new math".

I read all of their website. If you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to contact us at feedback@sawyer.com If you have questions, here is the contact: johntsmith@sawyer.com

Their FAQ particularly show you can attach their filter to Camelbak, for example, and, here is their own video showing multiple use: http://www.sawyer.com/Video_SP121.html and http://www.sawyer.com/Video_SP149.html

Here are the care an use instructions for the Walmart model: http://www.sawyer.com/research/Sawyer_b ... -25-06.pdf Here is a video showing backwashing the filter: http://sawyer.com/Video_Backwashing.html

Their video shows how to backflush the filter, by using the water bladder for the backpacking system.

FYI: Reading the "fine print" shows two filters: the .2 includes viral and the .1

The Walmart offer has the .2 filter, and, the REI "kit" I mentioned has the .1 filter

I already have the .2 filter I have had since it came out. No problem. I just ordered the .1 filter with the quick disconnects. Now, I have both. I suppose I am now "good" for 2 million gallons. :lol:

Whatever, used as per their recommendations about backwash the filter, and, sanitize before storage (between trips) it is better than absolutely any walter filter I have owned in 40+ years. Of course, people claim their Katadyn Pocket ceramic filter is better. I have never owned one so I can't comment more on that one. I have, however, owned every other one made for backpackers, and, what a waste of money and bother it has been.

The "hollow tube" gravity filter is the best system I have ever used.

Other companies sell the same technology apparently for a lot more money.

Note: This filter is not for "drinking the Kool-aid". Do make sure it is completely dissolved. :lol:

sudden

Postby sudden » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:40 pm

ConnieD wrote:I already have the .2 filter I have had since it came out. No problem. I just ordered the .1 filter with the quick disconnects. Now, I have both. I suppose I am now "good" for 2 million gallons. :lol:

Using "very" fuzzy new math I conclude that you would actually achieve 1million gallons squared of filtration or 1 trillion gallons. That would make your filtration system a family heirloom to be handed down generation after generation :DP:
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:56 pm

I don't bother with the math because I am not using a water filter so much that is an issue for me.

However, I have had water filter systems I purchased, in past years, be hard to use or leak from the seals or quit.

I really like these "hollow fiber" water filters.

I don't think purchasing one will be a disappointment.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:59 pm

I think i see the problem here. :idea: Fine print :lol:
If you look at the model WallyWorld sells, it is the SP140 and this is what it says:
"Excellent for scouting, the Sawyer Inline Water Filter ensures that your water is safe to drink. Simply use the filter by dipping it inline in a hydration pack or in the bottle, or with a gravity-feed shower bag for large quantities of water. It filters up to 500 gallons of bacteria-free water from any fresh-water source. "

Now, if you go to the Sawyer website and check out the million gallon guarantee, you will notice that the SP140 is not included. :o
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:12 pm

I'm not against buying one..I did last year and still haven't had a chance to use it.
It's just irritating when people buy products like that thinking it'll filter a million gallons and guaranteed to do so..but not bothering to read the guarantees.Will you get a million gallons filtered with it?Hell no!Will you use it for a million gallons..hell no..not in your lifetime!Can you depend on them to replace it if it clogs up?Hell no!You "misused it.The warranty specifically states "failure of workmanship"...but we'll send you a replacement at $34.95 + shipping!"

Yes the Wallyworld bottle does state 500 gallons.I can't get to my box because it's buried in the campgear pile...
It's immaterial about the warranty unless something breaks due to their fault,is broken in shipping(when you found it in the box,or some other problem not related to overuse,not cleaning,not prefiltering,stepping on the thing,dropping it in the fire..or any other thing that can be considered as "abuse"..by a "non-impartial" distributor...

I'm not posting this to piss people off(especially you Connie)..more so to tell people that read this thread to use their heads for something other than a hatrack and don't believe everything you read..especially in "warranties". ;) Always check out the fine print!

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:04 pm

Well, it is a "Clearance" item, so it must be a previous model.

I purchased my all-black in-line filter, years back, and I don't recall the details.

It does have the "hollow fiber" technology.

I have had "no problem". I am a "happy camper".

gear-report

Postby gear-report » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:13 pm

That Sawyer filter is what I used for the filter I made.
Got it at WW for $30 a couple of weeks ago.
Bought both that they had, actually. :)
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4954

Return to “New and Used Gear For Sale”