Here's my list of great sleeping bags

Discuss commercial bags, quilts, hammock systems you have used and give weights, your likes and dislikes.
zelph

Re: Here's my list of great sleeping bags

Postby zelph » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:13 am

2 - 2 1/2 lbs is lightweight for 15 F to 0 F.

If you are like me, I need at least three, but I have five sleeping systems. Not counting the car.

This is Montana. We have enough in the vehicle for staying in a snowbank, or digging out, or hiking out.

I have been trying to evaluate, realistically, what I want to regularly use.

I miss "winter camping" so that is on my list. That is why I started the thread small wood stoves for "hunter's tents" in this forum.

I like camping out of my kayak. Fortunately, we have big rivers here and campsites are available. I want to do more of that. That is where I will keep my hammock especially handy.

I like lightweight backpacks trips of 4 - 5 nights in The Rocky Mountain Front, here, in Montana. It is difficult to string together 5 - 6 nights "backcountry permits" in Glacier National Park. But it can happen. I need gear that can stand up to highly changeable high mountain weather, but still be reasonably lightweight with all my good food I like.

I like to do a high traverse. I mentioned that.

I would like to try bicycle touring.

I can't think of anything else right now. But, no, I don't need 10 sleeping bags!

Hey, that Sierra Designs possibly "Perfect" sleeping bag doesn't have a "bound buttonhole" sewn into the footbox, does it?

If it does, it is mine!

I had the repair shop at Sierra Designs, Berkeley, CA do that for me for my Choinard Peapod.

You can never have too many sleeping bags ;) Same goes for many other pieces of gear, knives, stoves and flashlights to name a few.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:22 am

Keep in mind that mine are for two people...and I don't winter camp...other than at the other house when I can get up there.. :roll:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:53 pm

realityguy wrote:Keep in mind that mine are for two people...and I don't winter camp...other than at the other house when I can get up there.. :roll:

Just stop what you're doing and GO :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Sleeping bag systems”