UL KittyKettle

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
zelph

Re: UL KittyKettle

Post by zelph » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:10 pm

Nice find there lucky!!!! The dremel modification should work well. I purchased the commercial model for the Kelly K.

I'm hooked on using the Kettle at campouts. I made an omelet with mine this past week, mmmmmgoood. will post video tomorrow.

Anything going on with the Kitty Kettle or is too small?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:03 pm

kitty kettle works great for two cups of water but no testing/building going on right now. I'm just happy to be able to check in. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:12 am

Ridgerunner wrote:kitty kettle works great for two cups of water but no testing/building going on right now. I'm just happy to be able to check in. ;)
I'm glad of that also.........I've been praying for you to have a speedy recovery and for your wife to have infinite patience while you are home for such a long time :lol: You got your shoulder blade arm in a cast?

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:29 am

Arm is in a sling. I can move it all around using my other hand but it is useless by itself. The shoulder is fine. It is the collar bone that is broken. :roll: My wife has been a real jewel thru all this. I am truely blessed! Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. :D
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

zelph

Post by zelph » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:38 am

A buddy of mine in the service had both shoulder blades broken by a few hop heads. They stomped on his back quite a few times, kicked him without number. He was put in a cast ti imobilize his arms, shoulders etc. He walked around with his arms stretched out to the side as if he was going to do a fast draw routine as in the old western movies. This happened on a military bus late at night coming back from a small town where we were stationed in France. The bad guys were eventuall shipp of to Nam. Don't mess with guys from a Headquarters Company, they have power in other ways.

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:11 pm

FINALLY, a good day at the thrift store. I found the wife a nice REI all weather Gortex jacket and me a pair or Merrel Hikers for a great price but this is the item I have been looking for the past few weeks. ;)
The junky looking hanging flower pot basket had just what the doctor ordered for 99 cents
The base will make a perfect sized grate for the ghillie kettle :DP: :D

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:47 pm

The doctor ordered that just in time :D

Is it stainless or nickle plate, can you tell? Looks just right for you KK

DarenN

Post by DarenN » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:54 am

zelph wrote:Is it stainless or nickle plate, can you tell?
if it's stainless, it won't hold a magnet.
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:59 pm

It's either nickle or chrome plate as it is magnetic. It will due until a stainless one comes along. ;)

zelph

Post by zelph » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:48 am

Ridgerunner wrote:It's either nickle or chrome plate as it is magnetic. It will due until a stainless one comes along. ;)
A while back it was said the wire shelving from refrigerators were not to be used as fire grilles due to the flaking off of the plating. You old guys might remember. Old guys being RG and RR and oops56.............not me :roll: Maybe some of the yungans might know also :mrgreen: