Just Add Water

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
Irvingdog

Just Add Water

Post by Irvingdog » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:37 pm

Saw on another forum a post from someone saying they added water to the alcohol in a wick-type stove to reduce heat output. Anyone have anything to add to this? Tried it? Results? Thought this could facilitate baking..

zelph

Re: Just Add Water

Post by zelph » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:54 pm

I have not tried it........I bake using the jello mold method. Stove goes full blast, no simmering. Used a StarLyte and Fancee Feest.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:18 pm

Don't know here..I start hot and just turn my alcohol stove down a notch or two.. :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Steve079

Post by Steve079 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:30 am

I know you can add water to a Unican type stove, and it will drop the heat and allow the stove to simmer. I've tried adding water to alcohol as a premix, but it doesn't work quite the same as the technique used fot the Unican. For that, you start with 2oz, once you reach boil, add 1/2oz of water, and replace the pot. It will go 20-25 minutes, with a nice simmer. That stove is easy to make, maybe it will work for baking?? Is baking, baking, using dry heat, or does it use steam?