The DAY TRIPPER alcohol stove

Post your new stove ideas here! All stoves welcome.
zelph

Re: The DAY TRIPPER alcohol stove

Post by zelph » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:53 pm

Very nice execution of common materials. The raising and lowering mechanism is the first of it's kind seen applied to a stove, great idea. A screwdriver slot adjustment on the top would be nice to replace the 2 prong tool. Screwdriver tool usually on a pocket knife. The carbon felt wick has more wicking ability than I had experienced in my testing. Looks like it works nicely for your stove. Thanks for sharing. Thanks to Beebopper for the inspiration.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:29 am

Nice job JT. You are on a roll ! Way to utilize the Miller can/bottle. The reliability of JB-weld inside the stove resevoir has been a topic of debate. Oops claims it will deteriorate and fail to hold. You might fill the stove and let it sit for a week and see how she holds up. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Knotty

Post by Knotty » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:46 am

Dagnabit, you beat me to the punch. My next stove was to be a cap-able wick stove.

Gotta give you credit. You incorporated more features than I was planning. Nice.

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:55 pm

Can you imagine if someone comes up with a way to screw a plasctic bottle directly to the stove? What about re-fillable on the fly? automatic feed? I think that there is plenty of gold in them there hills.
I think ideally you want a feed that will screw directly unto a yellow heet bottle,using one of their caps so it can easily be replaced if it starts to be a leak problem..easy to pack in an outside pocket on your pack or even two.As long as the feed can be continuous where you don't have to measure anything out would be the best solution.The only problem with the heet bottles is that they really need a clear strip on the bottle with ozs and 1/2 ozs marked...
I'm somewhat against remote fueled stoves because it means packing/dealing with more crap..On the other hand..since I have to pack that bottle anyway...why not!...if it eliminates measuring,fiddle faddle,packing extra measuring devices,etc....
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:37 pm

reduced it too much, can't see it :o :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:15 pm

reduced it too much, can't see it :o :mrgreen:
Nah..he's just heating milk in a pyrex pot in a snowstorm... :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:18 pm

I betcha $10 his wife didn't see this video! :lol: :DB: :DB: :DB:

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:20 pm

Nah..I've been to Malibu..can't be there!Where's the tar on the beach? :o

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:52 pm

Nice video JT and relaxing music ;) Were you able to grab the stove right away to lower the wick after reaching a boil?
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !