"Cobalt" stove for Heineken pot AKA "Cobalt Blue Soloist"

Come check out a compilation of Zelph's stove designs.
User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15786
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

"Cobalt" stove for Heineken pot AKA "Cobalt Blue Soloist"

Postby zelph » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:51 pm

I've developed a "Cobalt" stove to fit the heineken pot.

It's self priming, has a ignition wick(tm)

Boils 2 cups in 10 min on less than 3/4 ounce fuel
This is the first jetted beer bottle stove that will work with Heineken pots and larger. It's top jetted.


Image
Image
Image
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:31 am

Re: "Cobalt" stove for Heineken pot

Postby oops56 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:00 pm

zelph wrote:I've developed a "Cobalt" stove to fit the heineken pot.

It's self priming, has a ignition wick(tm)

Boils 2 cups in 10 min on less than 3/4 ounce fuel
This is the first jetted beer bottle stove that will work with Heineken pots and larger. It's top jetted.

You guys over at tinys site let him know. Bill from Montana take notes. You said you had the best all around stove ;) This stove is going to run circles around your white box stove. The bios is kids stuff.

Image
Image
Image

Zelph you read my mind that stove with wick no holes that whats i had in mind turn you antenna off :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Man play with fire man get burnt

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15786
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: "Cobalt" stove for Heineken pot

Postby zelph » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:45 pm

oops56 wrote:
zelph wrote:I've developed a "Cobalt" stove to fit the heineken pot.

It's self priming, has a ignition wick(tm)

Boils 2 cups in 10 min on less than 3/4 ounce fuel
This is the first jetted beer bottle stove that will work with Heineken pots and larger. It's top jetted.

You guys over at tinys site let him know. Bill from Montana take notes. You said you had the best all around stove ;) This stove is going to run circles around your white box stove. The bios is kids stuff.

quote]
Zelph you read my mind that stove with wick no holes that whats i had in mind turn you antenna off :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Ridgerunner made me doit, Vibe also had a hand in it. They both wanted top jetting and heiny friendly.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

User avatar
Pure Mahem
Posts: 447
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:13 am

Re: "Cobalt" stove for Heineken pot

Postby Pure Mahem » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:27 am

Great idea! Gives me ideas.... could do something similar with a trangia, make a removeable ring for it. Brilliant! :mrgreen:
"Lad I don't know where you've been. But, I see you won first prize!"

User avatar
irrationalsolutions
Posts: 1450
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:10 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: "Cobalt" stove for Heineken pot

Postby irrationalsolutions » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:31 am

i think i can guess what the stove is made from but do you mind saying what the "pot stand" or whatever you are calling the thing in the middle is made of?
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

hoz
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:44 am
Location: USA

Re: "Cobalt" stove for Heineken pot

Postby hoz » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:06 am

irrationalsolutions wrote:i think i can guess what the stove is made from but do you mind saying what the "pot stand" or whatever you are calling the thing in the middle is made of?



Can with the bottom cutout?

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15786
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: "Cobalt" stove for Heineken pot

Postby zelph » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:42 am

The pot support is a stainless steel ring that extends to the bottom. It transferes heet to the fuel while in it's priming stage. Dual purpose kinda. The stove is still 2 1/4 inches high. It fits the heiny pot nice and the stainless has a good firm grip on the aluminum. The ring is "press fit" into the stove to make it very secure. I still consider it a one piece stove. If I were to invert it on the pavement, I'd be able to stand on it and use it as a step stool, It's rugged :o
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Vibe
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:28 pm
Location: Little Rock, AR.

Re: "Cobalt" stove for Heineken pot

Postby Vibe » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:00 am

zelph wrote:The pot support is a stainless steel ring that extends to the bottom.


Looks like the cylinder shell from a Bimba "Flat 1" air cylinder. :mrgreen:
In my line of work I can scrounge all sorts of "dead" air cylinders. :mrgreen:
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius--------------------------------------------- Image

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15786
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: "Cobalt" stove for Heineken pot

Postby zelph » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:12 am

Vibe wrote:
zelph wrote:The pot support is a stainless steel ring that extends to the bottom.


Looks like the cylinder shell from a Bimba "Flat 1" air cylinder. :mrgreen:
In my line of work I can scrounge all sorts of "dead" air cylinders. :mrgreen:


Have you made any stoves using the cylinders? I understand the walls go up to 4" dia. Lots of good Fancee Feest making stock you've got access to. Nice!!!
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Vibe
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:28 pm
Location: Little Rock, AR.

Re: "Cobalt" stove for Heineken pot

Postby Vibe » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:21 am

zelph wrote:
Vibe wrote:
zelph wrote:The pot support is a stainless steel ring that extends to the bottom.


Looks like the cylinder shell from a Bimba "Flat 1" air cylinder. :mrgreen:
In my line of work I can scrounge all sorts of "dead" air cylinders. :mrgreen:


Have you made any stoves using the cylinders?

Nope. Most complete cylinders have way too much mass in the aluminum heads and tie rods - and the ones that don't have tie rods are either way too thick in the walls or are crimped together to the point that you have to destroy them to remove the piston (generally these are non serviceable anyways.) But the components are often useful in some other way.
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.
- Marcus Aurelius--------------------------------------------- Image


Return to “Zelph's Stoveworks Factory”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests