New tent addition to my collection!

Discuss commercially made shelters.
ImageImage
realityguy

New tent addition to my collection!

Postby realityguy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:59 pm

Gregory tent...I think a Mountaineer II..It's tough to find out anything about Gregory tents because they only made them for a few short years back in 1991-93 or 94...There isn't hardly anything on the net about them but I put out some inquiries from a couple friendly "gear" websites..(compass,oregon photo).

Appears it was used probably once only because it had a few twigs inside... and no top /side spots at all ..just some under the tent floor.
Look..no cats! :o ..they both showed up later to check it out though... :lol: It was a quick pitch to try and beat some ugly rainclouds... :roll:

Sleeps two..two doors,two vestibules,3 Easton aluminum poles,7lbs 12 oz(with three stuff sacks,stakes..hey..it's four season!),..Similar to a Moss design!Pretty cool tent! :DB: :DP:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

sudden

Re: New tent addition to my collection!

Postby sudden » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:02 am

You have so many tents and ukes now...... I can see a west coast woodstock in your future :D

You always find the good stuff. Not enough hikers in my area.
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

JBRanger

Postby JBRanger » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:03 am

NICE! It is indeed quite similar to the MOSS design.

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:12 am

The fly can be pitched alone as a lightweight shelter at 3lb 11oz(fly and poles)..It's a heavy fly at over 2-1/2 lbs.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:30 pm

Leave it in its original state. How long did it take to pitch the tent? Is it an easy do for one person? It's light weight for a four season tent.
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:11 pm

Takes about 5 minutes or so for one person to pitch...slide in the short pole,then the other two poles,place in sockets on the straps at one end,flex in the other ends.It's free standing so you can pick it up to "sweep it out" or move it to a new location once it's set up.it's easy to balance on one end in one hand.
I may not use it because of its extreme weight( :shock: .. :lol: ) or 4-season status...so therefore one do any modifications to it.It'll probably get sold before I ever use it...however the more collectible ones I do have seem to still be here. ;)

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:42 am

however the more collectible ones I do have seem to still be here.

Yeah!!! nice to hang onto some and say "I got one" :D

Seattle sure does have a lot of camping gear in their thrift stores. Got lots of university students there right?

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:39 pm

Seattle sure does have a lot of camping gear in their thrift stores. Got lots of university students there right
?

Lots of colleges but also lots of older folks camping,hiking,mountain climbing also with a zillion lakes,ridges,rivers,mountains,desert, forests,beaches, and with national,state,and county parks and other destinations to hike in and to very close to Seattle.
A person can be in the boonies in less than an hour from about anywhere within the greater Seattle area.
We also have/had REI,Eddie Bauer,and a lot of other major gear stores to buy the stuff donated to thrift stores.
The person that sold me the tent packed away a couple Sierra Design ones I didn't see.He shops more "downtown" than I care to go..closer to the U of W and the more populated area of Seattle.You generally have to sort through more junk/trash and have more competition in those stores..but he shops daily so finds items.
I ran into him again yesterday,told him the size, shape,condition of the tent(he never set it up).He was kidding he wanted it back..I was kidding "for $300"... It's the game we play... :lol: We both understand a "sale is a sale" and the deals go back and forth.I find goodies for him and he finds goodies for me..then we trade,both parties coming out ahead.I do have other regular collectors that do the same thing,why I find a lot of items.I generally don't only look for "hiking/camping gear".I look for what others may need also..and trade karma for karma. ;)

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:47 pm

It's the game we play... We both understand a "sale is a sale" and the deals go back and forth.I find goodies for him and he finds goodies for me..then we trade,both parties coming out ahead.I do have other regular collectors that do the same thing,why I find a lot of items.I generally don't only look for "hiking/camping gear".I look for what others may need also..and trade karma for karma.

You just burst my bubble. I thought you were working hard to find all these good deals :o You got someone doing your shopping for you :lol:

That's alright, get the deals any way you can :D

Henry

Postby Henry » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:01 am

Nice Sharing ......... What about this ????
Last edited by Henry on Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
I don't mind going nowhere, as long as it's an interesting path.

Return to “Tents, Tarps, Hammocks and Bivies”