Nice DIY Hammock video

Discuss commercially made shelters.
ImageImage
sudden

Re: Nice DIY Hammock video

Postby sudden » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:07 am

realityguy wrote:You do know we require pictures,right?.. :roll:

:lol: ..Just kidding..up to you..I think straight hammocks have a tendency to pinch the shoulders..the asymetrical design one not so much.Bridge hybird?..sounds interesting..Can you incorporate a trek pole for the spanner?..Just an idea..

I have my Leki poles and that is the idea, to use something I already have with me. If I take my fly rod, I would also have the option of using its aluminum carry tube. It's a 4 piece rod and the tube is just about shoulder width. The rod tube has the advantage of distributing the load better than a narrow hiking pole.
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:18 pm

Completion of your hammock already.....................you're making me look awful bad :mrgreen:

I completed the last of the tree cutting today. Everything cut and stacked. Next year I'll split it and use it to supliment my heating during the winter.

Next project is to get ready for an extended stay camping trip to central Illinois, Nauvoo State Park. going to tent camp and try out my 2 hammocks, Warbonnet and GrizzBridge. My wife and grandaughter will be with for 1 week and I'll remain there doing the soloist thing. Need some solo time. :D Lots of things going on in that area this time of year. I'll be searching the ravines for Geodes and rare plants. The area is known as the geode capitol of the world. I'll fish the Mississippi river for some meals. Got to get a line wet. Got to do some grilling of fish on the half shell.
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:47 am

I still need to order some amsteel rope. Been too lazy lately :)

All the more reason to order that rope so you can be 'lazy" in your hammock. Did you incorporate a bugnet?
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

sudden

Postby sudden » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:05 pm

I decided against the bugnet for now, only because I might need a wider hammock.
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

mikepetersen

Postby mikepetersen » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:51 am

The video which you provided in the first thread is not working properly. It shows a message "This is a private video".

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:54 am

The guy probably started selling them and no longer wanted to share his ideas :?

Here is an alternative:

"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Tents, Tarps, Hammocks and Bivies”