Charcoal Stove/Burner

Here's the place you can post your favorite wood burning stove and also information on how to build and where to get supplies.
zelph

Charcoal Stove/Burner

Postby zelph » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:58 pm

Last year in October, Mississippi was under a "Burn Ban" condition so no wood fires were allowed. Charcoal was allowed in fire rings and grills. I gave some thought to burning charcoal. Came up with and idea. Used a #10 can with no bottom. Set the can on a grill grate inside of a fire ring at a campground. Stacked the charcoal in a circular patern inside the can leaving a hole up the center of the stack. I place a small stainless steel pet food can under the grate centered under the can filled with charcoal and lit it. Within a short time the stack of charcoal was ablaze and burning nice and clean. Lots of flame to satisfy my need for a make believe campfire :DBfire:

[MEDIA=youtube]KiPp2ZvL3h8[/MEDIA]
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

irrationalsolutions

Re: Charcoal Stove/Burner

Postby irrationalsolutions » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:31 am

It's not showing the pic or video but it sounds good. Kinda like a charcoal starter?
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:59 pm

I use internet explorer and get to see it :o Browsers :roll:
Attachments
charcoal burner.JPG

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:33 pm

That flame is shooting up there like a geyser. One question though; what pet food company uses stainless steel cans?
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:49 am

Ridgerunner wrote:That flame is shooting up there like a geyser. One question though; what pet food company uses stainless steel cans?

Oops, made a mistake. Was suppose to say pet food bowl. They are about 3.5" in diameter and withstand the heat. I use the same bowl for starting campfires. Large bottles of rubbing alcohol at the dollar store cost $2.00, much cheaper and cleaner burning than charcoal lighter 8-) Place the bowl under the tinder twigs and stack logs teepee style over tinder twigs. I put 3 large logs around the inside of the fire ring and then place tinder twigs teepee style against center log and then logs teepee style over tinder twigs. I make sure I can still have access to the little bowl of alcohol so I can drop match into bowl. Makes for a nice clean and hot way to start a campfire.

Dollar General Stores are everywhere. Soon there will be more of them than K-marts :o

Return to “WOOD BURNING STOVES”