Burning Wood Pellets

Here's the place you can post your favorite wood burning stove and also information on how to build and where to get supplies.
zelph

Re: Burning Wood Pellets

Postby zelph » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:03 pm

super! glad you were able to get some. we're they on sale? 7 something a gal.?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

RonM

Postby RonM » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:09 pm

zelph wrote:super! glad you were able to get some. we're they on sale? 7 something a gal.?

Yes $6.58 a gallon.
"And the burnt Fool's bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the Fire"

RonM

Postby RonM » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:12 pm

xx
Last edited by RonM on Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RonM

Postby RonM » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:20 pm

zelph wrote:I'm a big fan of alcohol stoves. I got rid of all my coleman white gas types and went for the Origo Marine type stoves. I'm embarrassed to say how many I have :oops:

In season 7 of NCIS they show in Gibb's basement a shelf with a couple of stoves - one a Coleman and another one that I hadn't seen before. I finally got curious and started looking around - it was a dual burner marine alcohol stove. I'm amazed that they got background materials right even in the fine details that almost no one would notice.

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:29 am

RonM wrote:
zelph wrote:I'm a big fan of alcohol stoves. I got rid of all my coleman white gas types and went for the Origo Marine type stoves. I'm embarrassed to say how many I have :oops:

In season 7 of NCIS they show in Gibb's basement a shelf with a couple of stoves - one a Coleman and another one that I hadn't seen before. I finally got curious and started looking around - it was a dual burner marine alcohol stove. I'm amazed that they got background materials right even in the fine details that almost no one would notice.

Our thanks go out to Mr. Heater for the heads-up on the great deal at Menards. Thank you Mr.Heater.

RonM, you have a nack for background identification when watching tv....You made me think a little...NCIS is Naval releated and Gibbs was building a sailing vessel in his basement so the marine double burner was appropriate. Amazing catch on that Ron.......thank you!!!!! :D

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:42 pm

Ok, I modified one of my stainless steel baskets to make it fit into my newly acquired wood stove for tents. Here is what it looks like in the opening of the stove.

It's going to function very well when I load it and light it. It will be like burning one of those phony logs you pay 3.75 or more for. It will burn cleaner that one of those phonies. ;)
Attachments
new stove toy 005.jpg
new stove toy 004.jpg

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:37 pm

Looks like you maximized available space. The basket should hold a boat load of wood pellets for a nice toasty winter night in your future teepee. Notice I said winter night as that is when I am guessing that you will have your sections sewn together :lol: :lol: :DP: :DB:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:52 pm

I will have a teepee by June of this year :o

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:31 pm

Mr. Heater wrote:Nice job on the basket ! :D

Looking forward to see how the stove works out with the basket. Were you planning on lighting the pellets on the end by the door so that the fire burns front to back the length of the basket ?

The whole teepee project sounds like a lot of fun ! Maybe you could put some sticks on the peak to make it look like the real McCoy. :teepee:

Getting packed for your trip to Southern IL ? :chop: :fishing: :fuel: :kayak:

Yes, I'll put the fire to the pellets at the front and let it burn to the back. Once the pellets get consumed by 50% or so I'll add more via an aluminum chute made to have 1/2" sidewalls and long enough to extend half way into the basket. I'll try it that way in the beginning and see how it works out. Don't want to move the basket out to add pellets.

This teepee project is primarily for me to play :lol: I'm making it for my grandchildren :o then we can all play :mrgreen: They are located up in Delavan, WI with a big yard to set it up in. I plan to camp there in their yard and have their mom and dad feed me :teepee: :hungry: :marsh:

Yes, back to packing, leaving in the morning, Tuesday.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:13 pm

Have a safe trip friend and enjoy the time spent with family ;-)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Return to “WOOD BURNING STOVES”