Group Volcano Stove Build

Here's the place you can post your favorite wood burning stove and also information on how to build and where to get supplies.
Ridgerunner

Re: Group Volcano Stove Build

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:23 pm

yes, I think I need more software to open iphone vids downloaded to my computer ;)

Here are some vids from the first night of test firing. There were windy conditions and you will notice the paint came off in some areas of the can. Actually, those were areas that the adhesive stuck to the advertising label so it worked out well to remove the old label I painted over and then added a second coat after the burn ;) Notice the one vid where the flame shoots out the feeding tube right as I lower my camera in front of it :o I used a mix of twigs and hardwood pellets on these burns and the fire grate grids were large enough that some of the pellets fell through into the draft tube area :o

"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:31 pm

Bravo!!!!!

Don't ya just love it when you can boil 4 cups with one load of wood :D No more twigy feeding until after dinner when it's time to play. 8-)

Joist hangars, good choice there, will last longer than the stove body :mrgreen:

Is your feed tube permanently attached or removable to store in the fuel chamber?

You made yourself a nice stove there Ridgerunner. I'll be sending some rewards for a job well done.

Thanks for the timely video.

By Monday I should have my finalized rocket finished. Family matters all this weekend dipping into my play time :o .

Hope to see a few more stove entries come in tomorrow :D

Hehe, I submitted my response and all of sudden there were more fire videos :o what a pleasant surprise. Will comment on Sunday :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:45 pm

I thought about making the feed tube removable but decided to permanently attach it for rigidity purposes. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:49 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:I thought about making the feed tube removable but decided to permanently attach it for rigidity purposes. ;)

In that case you might be able to attach a permanet side handle next to it. split wood insulators on it. :idea:

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:19 pm

Oh what a day :mrgreen:

Some days we should never get out of bed :lol:

Stove wise....... I go to make another stove and find out my cans are not the same height as the original green bean can :evil: The bean cans were on close out sale and are no longer available. The grapfruit juice cans are taller and larger in diameter. Lareger diameter is good, taller is not. I have to cut the bottoms off :evil:

Tomorrow will be a better day :D

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:50 pm

I had to put this stove project on hold :evil:

I've gotten too busy, too many irons in the fire. :roll:

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:19 pm

Sounds like you need a "full time" employee to help you out :P Good luck getting caught up ;)

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:52 am

It will take me the entire summer to get caught up and it will happen. :o I will recruit help even if I have to pay big bucks :mrgreen:

Cool weather is upon us here in the Midwest good for working outdoors. My lilac bushes are in blossom, terrific fragrance in the air. Good time to be outside to smell the blossoms. :D

Ridgerunner, I'll be sending out your goodies today for your entry into the build project.

One flat bottom full size foster can.
One silicone pot grabber
One Foster generic 1cup can for holding your BBQ sauce
plus some other "stuff"

Return to “WOOD BURNING STOVES”