SmokeHouse shelter by SmokeHouse

Here's the place you can post your favorite wood burning stove and also information on how to build and where to get supplies.
zelph

SmokeHouse shelter by SmokeHouse

Post by zelph » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:56 am

I found this on HF's and had to share it here.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/show ... hp?t=13588

Small TI Goat stove and my SmokeHouse shelter by SmokeHouse

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/vide ... ideoid=177

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Re: SmokeHouse shelter by SmokeHouse

Post by realityguy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:26 pm

If that's a Ti Goat stove..The door assembly sucks,it doesn't appear anything near airtight around the pipe and the open vents appear totally uncontrollable(other than the flue damper which blows smoke out of the cracks/leaks in the stove INTO the tent instead)..should burn well out of control for maybe an hour or so...feed wood..feed wood..feed wood..go chop wood..feed wood..feed wood. :roll: How much did they want for that model? :shock:

Okay..so now HF won't allow me to view anything without logging in..to hell with them.. :evil:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Post by zelph » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:00 pm

The video was the important part :D

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:56 pm

I saw the video..then couldn't get back into it again..now I can again... :roll:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:38 am

Cuz, you were pretty hard on the guys stove. :roll: It seemed to be working fine to me. I did not realize it was a hammock setup until I watched the whole video. Nice winter tarp for his hammock and adaptation to be able to use a stove...sweeeeet! ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Blazinator

Post by Blazinator » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:59 am

SO I'm confused...they pack that huge thing? and the pipe? O_o

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:43 pm

Blazinator wrote:SO I'm confused...they pack that huge thing? and the pipe? O_o
It packs down fairly small and light. The stove pipe rolls up to a 2"diameter by 12" length. Here is their site:http://www.titaniumgoat.com/products.html Titanium ain't cheap! :lol:

Here is another vid of Smokehouse:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

zelph

Post by zelph » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:19 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Cuz, you were pretty hard on the guys stove. :roll: It seemed to be working fine to me. I did not realize it was a hammock setup until I watched the whole video. Nice winter tarp for his hammock and adaptation to be able to use a stove...sweeeeet! ;)
Oh yes!!!! the video was muli purpose :D to see the tent/tarp made of silnylon was a treat and opened up some great ideas for me. Hope more will benefit from it. Our stoves will be perrrrfect for this type of set-up.(my cat approved and so will RG's :lol: )

realityguy

Post by realityguy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:59 pm

Appears he's removed the Tigoat handle for the door..or it fell off.Holes around pipes,no vent covers..makes me wonder about backdrafting and smoke in his "smokehouse".Maybe that's why he calls his tent/himself that! :lol:
Yeah..I'm hard on him.I really don't think he's doing TiGoat much for publicity with a worn out looking stove.Most posters on HF seem worried about the silnylon and fire in the same place,especially over flammable soil stuff. :roll:
If you read the post,he doesn't break the stove down(it's a PITA to assemble in the field),just straps it to his pack already mostly assembled.

Ridgerunner

Post by Ridgerunner » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:52 pm

realityguy wrote:Appears he's removed the Tigoat handle for the door..or it fell off.Holes around pipes,no vent covers..makes me wonder about backdrafting and smoke in his "smokehouse".Maybe that's why he calls his tent/himself that! :lol:
Yeah..I'm hard on him.I really don't think he's doing TiGoat much for publicity with a worn out looking stove.Most posters on HF seem worried about the silnylon and fire in the same place,especially over flammable soil stuff. :roll:
If you read the post,he doesn't break the stove down(it's a PITA to assemble in the field),just straps it to his pack already mostly assembled.
I agree with the concerns of what looks like easily combustible tinder beneath the stove. Cuz, you know as well as anyone that a wood stove is going to look a little rough after a dozen or so burns :P The PITA assembly is probably because of the soot. That is what the extra gloves are for. ;) :lol: His tent ends don't "appear" to seal completely thus the smoke may also vent out at the top of the doors. Sorry Cuz, I like his setup and I like the stove! :P :DP: