Sheet metal working setup

Have you found a cool item at a retail outlet that's in everyone's backyard? Well let's hear about it.
Tony

Sheet metal working setup

Postby Tony » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:44 am

This was not brought from a dime store but I thought as it is a little gem I would share it with other tool freaks on this site.

I got this at a tool sale about 10 years ago, I saw it and could not resist buying it but I have not used it much until I started playing arround with alcohol stoves.

It is made in Germany for the hobby market, it is only for use with aliminum and can guilotine (shear),bend, roll, punch square holes and round holes from 1/16" to 3/16", it can also cut gears and equaly spaced holes as it has an indexing system. It has become a very valuable tool in my shed. Unfortinately I do not have the box that it came in. The instructions are in German but the advertising pamplet is in English.

Tony

Allen

Re: Sheet metal working setup

Postby Allen » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:23 am

Wow,
What a nice thing to have :)
Thank for posting the pics!

Cheers!

Mags

Postby Mags » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:36 pm

My Dad has been a sheetmetalist for almost 40 yrs now ; wonder what awesome stoves he could build. He is currently working for Electric Boat (the people who build the subs). I could have nuke powered stove. ;)
The true harvest of my life is intangible.... a little stardust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched
--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pmags/art

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:13 pm

Neat little tool Tony. Can it roll a piece of flat aluminum into a tube?
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Tony

Postby Tony » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:41 am

Hi Mags,

My Dad has been a sheetmetalist for almost 40 yrs now ; wonder what awesome stoves he could build. He is currently working for Electric Boat (the people who build the subs). I could have nuke powered stove.

Having done some sheet metal work myself I admire people have done it for a living.

I hope you get your stove that can heat 2 cups in 1 second using 0.00001gram of fuel.

Tony

Tony

Postby Tony » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:48 am

Hi Ridgerunner,

It can only do small diameter tube, I have posted some pictures from the manual of some of the thing it can do.

Tony

Skidsteer

Postby Skidsteer » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:48 am

I am really struggling with covetousness right now.

That tool would come in handy, no doubt about it.
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:09 pm

Tony, we need to talk trade here!!!!!! :D

For the right trade you'll let loose of that little workhorse right?????????

Let's make a deal, let's trade OK ???????? comon Tony, how many Fosters and Heineken cans do you want for it? I'll throw in the Ring of Fire stoves to boot. Come on Tony, let's trade somthin :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Tony

Postby Tony » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi Zelph,

Tony, we need to talk trade here!!!!!!

For the right trade you'll let loose of that little workhorse right?????????

Let's make a deal, let's trade OK ???????? comon Tony, how many Fosters and Heineken cans do you want for it? I'll throw in the Ring of Fire stoves to boot. Come on Tony, let's trade somthin

Maybe one day we can discuss about a trade over a beer or two.

Tony

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:27 pm

Mags wrote:My Dad has been a sheetmetalist for almost 40 yrs now ; wonder what awesome stoves he could build. He is currently working for Electric Boat (the people who build the subs). I could have nuke powered stove. ;)

sheet metal work is great trade.
i apprenticed under my father about thirty years ago, and have been a journeyman for 25 years. i never seem to loose interest in my work, and never stop learning new things. i've had the opertunities to work in so many different facets of the trade. from custom architectural restorations to plain old ductwork to heavey fabrication, working with materials from 0.010 thick all the way up to 1/2" thick. unfortunately, the trade isn't what it used to be and is going steadily downhill. the important stuff like layout and pattern development is just glossed over in the trade schools these days, and more emphasis is placed on CNC computer skills. but when the computer crashes who do you suppose becomes the most important guy in the shop? that's right. the old guy that grew up doing layout work. still; i love my job and enjoy going to work every day. (pays well too).

DarenN......
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Return to “Dime Store Diamonds”