Unintended Bargain - Storage Bonanza

Have you found a cool item at a retail outlet that's in everyone's backyard? Well let's hear about it.
shakeylegs

Unintended Bargain - Storage Bonanza

Postby shakeylegs » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:08 am

Hi All,
I like to stay organized and I've stumbled across a "neat" solution. I'm designing packaging prototypes for a new product for my business. I decided that clear plastic tubing might be the answer. So I googled 5 or 6 plastic tubing providers with sample requests for specific packaging items in their inventory. I did not think they would all respond, but they did. Some were more generous than others, but the collective bounty has provided the secondary benefit of very light weight organizational storage for my pack. See the "samples" that have arrived so far - [img][IMG]http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd303/shakeylegs/Storage%20Tubes/ST7.jpg[/img][/img]

I believe the key to obtaining a good response to a sample request rests with the request itself. Have a legitimate reason for requesting your samples, don't try to grab everything in their inventory, be specific. Suggest that if you find the right sample you will be ordering in quantity. Give a brief description of the "intended" use of the samples, and try to sound "business-like". I now have an "R&D" suite for my business (wink wink). You don't have to be in business but it helps if you sound like you are. And don't feel bad. If you find a really creative use for your samples and accidentally become a millionaire by mass marketing your discovery, you'll actually order large quantities of the sample product which is what the are hoping for. In my case, I am truly seeking an innovative package design for marketing t-shirts. It just so happens that the samples will double nicely as UL storage organizers.

My latest requests for samples have been for honeycomb expanded aluminum sheets to be used in the prototyping of heat exchangers for titanium pots and cups. I've asked two or three producers for modest sample amounts of material for testing. And most likely I will end up with a few prototype units. On the off chance that the exchangers come out really nicely, I'll go into production and become a millionaire! :o

Happy Hunting
Shakeylegs

Ridgerunner

Re: Unintended Bargain - Storage Bonanza

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:24 am

Sounds good and best wishes with your designs. We look forward to seeing what you come up with. If you come up with something totally unique and different, apply for a patent or your ideas WILL be copied and marketed by those DIY'ers in this field of interest :roll:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

shakeylegs

Postby shakeylegs » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:58 am

Hi Ridgerunner,
Thanks for the moral support! Talk of patents was a bit of "tongue in cheek" but I'll state here and now that if I become a millionaire as a result of these discussion boards, I'm sharing it with all everyone here :DP: And you kind sir will be named VicePresident in charge of patent protection :DB:
Shakeylegs

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:36 pm

whoooo! VP of Patents. Sir Ridgerunner

Shakeylegs, VP and Owner "Heat Dissipation Inc." Millionaire Extraordinaire"

bplite.com hosts upcoming executives.....stay tuned for latest developements :D

We wish them well!!!!

Remember the little guys :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Dime Store Diamonds”