Hiking boots at a grocery store liquidators?!! :-O

Have you found a cool item at a retail outlet that's in everyone's backyard? Well let's hear about it.
realityguy

Hiking boots at a grocery store liquidators?!! :-O

Postby realityguy » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:27 pm

:o Went to the local "Grocery Outlet" here in town for another bottle of the Gertie's Artichoke Tapenaade...and the wife pointed out a sign on a rack of shoes and hiking boots they had..$24.99!
They had a lot of good brands there(LaCross,Danner,Wolverines,Redwing,Bates,Montrail,Merril,Guide Series,etc.Sizes 8-13Mens..beach hikers to full hunting boots,goretex and not.Must have been displays or something.I picked these up:

A nice pair of Montrails and another pair of Danners!Both lightweight boots!If you've got one of the outlets nearby, it might be worth your while to check them out or at least call them and ask "Got shoes?" :shock: :DB: :DB:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Re: Hiking boots at a grocery store liquidators?!! :-O

Postby zelph » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:30 pm

"Grocery Outlet" not here in the midwest.

Nice of them to have such a nice variety. Nice score!!!
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

hoz

Postby hoz » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:10 am

See anything unusual? Bad seams? Sole to body join? Are they seconds? Thirds? Unbelievable bargains.

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:50 am

See anything unusual? Bad seams? Sole to body join? Are they seconds? Thirds? Unbelievable bargains.

Actually they put they soles on the wrong shoes and the toes stick out the wrong direction..but that matches my feet.. so they fit great! :lol: :lol:

No,just kidding!.Everything looks fine on the shoes.I can't find anything wrong with them.They might just be last year's model and might be one of the slightly cheaper models also.They don't seem to match up with the current versions for sale now.I found a similar Danners on a closeout website that retailed for $130 and were knocked 1/2 off at $65..The montrail looks a LOT like the Torre but slightly different outside pattern on the sewing.Their website only shows a few shoes.
They did have abourt a 12" high Danner that fit me but it just didn't seem up to Danner quality so I didn't get them.There were several pair of winter hunting boots but some "guide"
something brand and a lot of Wolverines that I've liked in the past.There were probably about 60-80 pairs there..all in men's sizes.Anybody around here..that's the one in Lynnwood.The wife said they had them also at the Everett store but I haven't looked there.She wasn't very happy they didn't have anything in her size..all mens.
There was a pair of Body Glove beach ones and other hiking sandals,some montrail low top hikers and others.I tried on about 6-8 pairs of different hiking shoes in my size or close because the sizes vary so much friom what they really are.
The sign did say something like "Shoe Catalog"..so it may be a website's closeouts or something.Usually I have a hard time finding 8-1/2 to10 in closeout sales.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

hoz

Postby hoz » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:52 am

Cheap Hong Kong ripoffs?

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:25 am

Cheap Hong Kong ripoffs?

I really don't think so..I can't see HK going through all the trouble of Danner embossing on the heels,patent marks and names on the soles,correct hang tags in the seams and on cards,and the features they have..More than likely I think it was stock/colors they no longer sell/list when new models came out.Those have to go somewhere since they aren't listed in a catalog anymore..which would make sense for a "catalog" type business to liquidate the old stock that way.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:31 pm

Nice haul Cuz, but never put it past the Chinese to rip off brand name logos, Nikes, Reeboks, Oakleys, Levi's.....you read about it happening all the time. The price was right no matter the real deal or not...................Did I ever tell you about the 14k gold chain necklace I bought off this guy in Atlanta while I was on my way to Florida?........long story short.....I'm sitting on the beach with my wife and she wants to know why my neck is green :o .....young and dumb...lesson learned. :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:41 pm

Okay..for you skeptics out there..these are the boots right down to the color of the laces...

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/m ... x?a=533784

http://www.ems.com/catalog/product_deta ... GoogleBase

:mrgreen:

Return to “Dime Store Diamonds”