Pet folding trail feeding bowls ...for people?

Have you found a cool item at a retail outlet that's in everyone's backyard? Well let's hear about it.
realityguy

Re: Pet folding trail feeding bowls ...for people?

Postby realityguy » Fri May 15, 2009 10:53 am

On the other hand Zelph..if the PETCO label bothers you..you can get these instead--->
https://shop.theanimalrescuesite.com/st ... siteId=220

:lol: :DB:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri May 15, 2009 12:22 pm

realityguy wrote:On the other hand Zelph..if the PETCO label bothers you..you can get these instead--->
https://shop.theanimalrescuesite.com/st ... siteId=220

:lol: :DB:

:lol: the little dog face on the side :lol: are you trying to say I got a face only a dog could love????? :lol: :lol:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

hoz

Postby hoz » Fri May 15, 2009 3:28 pm

I wouldn't use them in the microwave. All sorts of petrochemicals could be released.

I'm going to Petco this weekend to see if I can find a set of these. Can't beat the price, size OR weight.

Of course I'll have to make a new set of cozies as my old ones fit the ziplock cannisters...

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri May 15, 2009 7:43 pm

Cozies might be a problem because of the open top but you can probably get one of the fabric dog bowls to "cozy" the plastic ones.I saw one of those today,almost picked it up as a cozy for the disposable one.It would have fit perfectly inside that and kept your food warm longer..On the other hand it could probably be worn as a hat to keep your head warm after eating :o ...... :mrgreen:

(just kidding,but it might work!) :lol:
I think I better start shopping at a pet store instead..looks like better deals! :DB:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Fri May 15, 2009 7:45 pm

i read a post somewhere from a guy that uses his hat as a cozy. carefull not to spill! ;)
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

hoz

Postby hoz » Sat May 16, 2009 1:29 pm

I checked the Petco foldables out this AM. One for $1.99 or 3 at $4.99. I had to take a pass.

The plastic mils lands between a heavy duty ziploc freezer bag and a Platypus water bottle. First, I wondered how many "folds" it will take before it cracks.

Also, most people know I have moved away from freezer bag cooking and eating out of one of these seems almost as inconvenient, flipping and flopping around.

I wondered after several meals if the bowl would start to smell like a used freezer bag.

Add in having to make a different cozy to fit just added up to a no go for me.

Still, they might be alright for an overnight or weekend trip, as a conversation surprise around the fire.

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat May 16, 2009 11:04 pm

I bought a pack of 3 petcos.

They are too big for my liking. I filled one with water and put it on the deck for the cats. 5 hours later the deck was wet under bowl. It leaked more than I expected. The creased areas are food catchers, hard to clean out for reuse. Good for cats and dogs :D Not my choice for hikin or camping.

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat May 16, 2009 11:11 pm

Take them back!

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat May 16, 2009 11:17 pm

realityguy wrote:Take them back!

Something for me to do on monday. I needed to go back and see if I left my glasses on the checkout counter :roll:

They wanted 40 bucks to give my cat a haircut :mrgreen: :roll: :roll:

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun May 17, 2009 11:02 pm

I needed to go back and see if I left my glasses on the checkout counter

NO Comment !!!!! Lost mine yesterday and had to retrace my steps as I hit a bunch of yard sales, then remembered taking them off right before I got home to glass some wildlife in the field around the corner. Sure enoung, they had slid off the seat to the floor. :oops: :roll:

Only thing worse than giving a cat a bath is giving it a haircut. Definitely worth the $40 if you must give it a cut. :P
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Return to “Dime Store Diamonds”