Pet folding trail feeding bowls ...for people?

Have you found a cool item at a retail outlet that's in everyone's backyard? Well let's hear about it.
realityguy

Pet folding trail feeding bowls ...for people?

Postby realityguy » Wed May 13, 2009 10:14 pm

I saw something interesting at the thrift store today!It was a small package about 1-1/2"x 3/4"x4" that contained 3 folding "pet feeding bowls" for hiking and giving your dog water on the trail.They weigh practically nothing,fold down to nothing,and unfold into a bowl about 8" square and 4" deep...Hmm..Might be some good PEOPLE trail bowls for cooking and eating!!!
Only reason I didn't get them is they had PETCO written on the side..might be something to check out!
1 package had 3 bowls a red,white,and blue..Might be handy for cooking and eating...if you can find them without the "Petco" advertising..if that bothers someone. :lol:
I'm going to check them out tomorrow and see what other sizes,kinds they have,and the price..if I remember to...
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

realityguy

Re: Pet folding trail feeding bowls ...for people?

Postby realityguy » Wed May 13, 2009 10:34 pm

These are similar--->
http://sheltierescuemall.com/index.php? ... cts_id=107

Pretty cool item for hiking!I don't know how thick these are compared to the ones I saw that would hold up fine for a while for hiking.Self standing when unfolded..The ones I saw were a 3 pak..
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed May 13, 2009 10:46 pm

Okay found the ones i was looking at today..Here's the petco ones with reviews..$4 for three bowls in a small pack-->http://www.petco.com/product/10862/PETCO-Disposable-Bowls.aspx?CoreCat=OnSiteSearch#description

irrationalsolutions

Postby irrationalsolutions » Wed May 13, 2009 11:09 pm

those seem really similar to the origami (sp) bowls and plates. but cheaper!
“Do or do not... there is NO try.” Yoda

Luke "Whats in (out) there?" Yoda "Only what you take with you."

Luke "I can’t believe it." Yoda "That is why you Fail.”

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed May 13, 2009 11:21 pm

Actually these are molded/seamed up in the corners to be a smooth sided bowl when opened and don't have the folds for food to hide in when used.They have folds when flattened for storage only..just the opposite of the others.

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed May 13, 2009 11:24 pm

Take a standard paper bag with a square bottom..cut it down to about 3-1/2" high..and that's what you get.It folds in a similar fashion flat for storage.Then doubles,triples up to about 1/3rd the width.

hoz

Postby hoz » Wed May 13, 2009 11:36 pm

Definitely going to check these out. Looks like a winner!

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Wed May 13, 2009 11:38 pm

i wonder about the "for people" part of the equation.i'll bet you have a hell of a time getting the manufacturer to disclose what the composition of the plastic is, and whether or not it would be "food safe" for people. remember the BPA thing recently?

i recall the grocery store in Point Roberts WA always had a section in the meat department where all the packages were marked "pet food only! not for human consuption." the rules for people don't apply to our best freinds.

Daren......
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu May 14, 2009 12:01 am

Bear in mind the first link says they are good ALSO as snack food trays for parties and that...I haven't looked at those yet.Looking at the ones I saw today..I didn't see anything that would be wrong with them..but who knows.I imagine a person could contact the manufacturer and ask them about what the items are made out of.They are certainly lightweight and a good size for eating or cooking out of.
If you take Rover along,you may want to keep your hand over the "PETCO" while you are eating or he might get a tad jealous.. :mrgreen:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu May 14, 2009 12:22 am

Here's a better shot of the dozen pack..see them at down to $6.95 a pack also on other sites..google "fold-n-go disposable bowls"

check this out for a closeup of that item..
http://sheltierescuemall.com/index.php? ... cts_id=106

Return to “Dime Store Diamonds”