Backpacking Stove

Know of a stove that has some Character about it for one reason or another, post it here.
Ridgerunner

Backpacking Stove

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:32 pm

I made a visit to the local Meijer looking to see if they had any good deals on deer hunting clearances items when a ran across the Sterno Inferno Backpacking Stove that was on clearance. The cookpot is what sold me. I will have to test it with both sizes of sterno and maybe an alcohol stove or two ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Re: Backpacking Stove

Postby zelph » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:23 pm

I like it :D

22.50 on amazon....what did you give for yours?

Does the lid fit on the bottom of the pot support ?

It's nice that the pot has head room for the 2 cups to boil.

What's the distance from top of sterno can to bottom of pot (when you have time ) ;)

It's nice to have windscreen and pot support in one piece like a Caldera Cone
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:02 pm

It does have a heat exchanger on the bottom of the pot. It was clearance priced at $15 and was the only one they had. I picked it up, took it apart and thought, what do I need with another cooking system and put it back on the shelf. When I got home, a quick search of the web resulted in very little. I could not find any YouTube videos on it so As luck would have it, three days later, it was still where I set it down. The fact that I squirreled away a bunch of sterno fuel cans(both sizes) when Kroger marked them down dirt cheap, made my decision easier to buy the unit. The box shows the lid being stored over the heat exchanger but it does not fit or snug down but fits securely over the legs. It says optimum performance is with the 7oz. sterno fuel can.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:09 pm

at $15.00 you got a lot of good stove there. I would have bought it in a heart beat :mrgreen: I like stoves :D
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Stoves With Character”