!

Know of a stove that has some Character about it for one reason or another, post it here.
zelph

Re: Self pressurizing chimney type alcohol stove

Postby zelph » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:58 pm

That was fun!!!! :D

Just before the video he makes this statement:

Test this outdoors, on a non-flammable surface, and have lots of water around to put put a fire, in case the stove leaks fuel and ignites, or something else bad happens.

Good advise ;)

Tetkoba of Japan has an influence on stove builders :D (a complicated influence :P )
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

WanderingStovie

Postby WanderingStovie » Tue May 13, 2014 11:53 pm

That looks like one of Tetkoba's easier designs to build, since it is not a capillary hoop stove (CHS) with tabs and creases. I have tried making variations of Tetkoba's "easy CHS" and "CHS-universal", but not the chimney stove. I have a Realtree pink lemonade can that should work.

Also, kmkmr22 has some interesting designs on YouTube.

I just set up a YouTube account, but have not posted any videos yet.

churro

Postby churro » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:36 pm

That one looks like fun. One of the things that first sucked me in to stove building was the beauty of the flame patterns. The thing that keeps me interested is the variety of those "flowers" that bloom when you light one up. This one has me thinking...

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:08 pm

I agree, complicated and many parts with a lot of fiddle factor to get the stove ready for "fire" First glance says it unstable due to the + supports for raising off the ground and pot support. Other than those points it's a super great design :D

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:01 pm

I would think the potstand would have a tendency for potential meltdown ..unless it's aircraft aluminum or something harder than normal aluminum sheeting..and his potstand looks like thicker aluminum than the base stand..maybe 1/8"..did I misred somthin there? :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:34 pm

Something that is interesting is the pulsating flame. Makes me think it's on the verge of doing something bad...like kaboom :DBfire: watch the video

because it burns so fast, it must use a bucket of fuel. All stoves that need to be primed are archaic :o

Return to “Stoves With Character”