USA made..Little Demon Survival Mini-Stove..

Know of a stove that has some Character about it for one reason or another, post it here.
realityguy

USA made..Little Demon Survival Mini-Stove..

Postby realityguy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:02 pm

Interesting concept and parts!At some time in the past(age unknown) was made locally here in Seattle..found in a thrift store today!

Packed up is 4"diameterX3-5/8" high..Weighs 10-1/2oz with everything..That "everything" includes a plastic cup,metal pot,windscreen,stove bottom plate,liquid fuel holder,spoon/pot handle,special shaped fuel flask,6ft tube tent,broth packets,sugar packs,distress whistle,book of matches,and survival instructions.You can use liquid fuel in a special holder,hexa mine,trioxane,or esbit tablets,wetfire,sterno cans,and even burn twigs and pinecones.It has a loop that attaches to your belt(belt loops built into the bottom of the cup) and even floats.
The only problem I found with it was trying to get it all back together again.. :lol: Even the flask has a recessed area for the liquid fuel holder and a flat area for the handle of the spoon/pot handle..It's a well thought out package!It even says the center joint is watertight enough to use it as a canteen..It's surprising they never really caught on. :shock:At some point it was an "As seen on TV" sold item for $14.95 with the inner survival pack sold separate..reduced to $9.95 and the survival pack was added back up to $14.95.It's got a $5 coupon(no expiration date!!) inside for another one and an address.. :roll: ..Maybe I'll go knock on his door.. :mrgreen:
:lol:

EDIT:For anyone interested in the stove parts/flask/cup/potholder/spoon(everything but the emergency pack inside)..the weigh is 162grams...just under 6oz...and half the area inside would be empty for a stove.matches,hard fuel or other small items(flask takes about 1/2 the space..leaves approximately 1-1/2" high by 3-3/4" diameter empty inside).
Okay..reading the instructions..you need aluminum foil for a "lid" for the pot(Uh..don't use the plastic cup)..The bottom metal stove piece's tabs fits nicely around a large sterno can with the windscreen fitting the sterno can's top slots..when using that for fuel.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Re: USA made..Little Demon Survival Mini-Stove..

Postby zelph » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:30 pm

The only problem I found with it was trying to get it all back together again..

for sure, well planned. Lot there for the $15.00.

I have not seen a kit like that in all my days of thrift store hunting. Maybe they sold a ton to china. ;)

I thought you had enough stoves :o :mrgreen:

edit: I really like that dual purpose spoon :D
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:56 pm

I kinda wondered about the handle on the spoon myself..until I noticed the two tiny holes in the pot and the curvature of the bend in the end of the spoon..Pretty ingenious.
The fit of the flask,spoon,and liquid fuel holder all fitting together took some careful planning,molds, and creativity also.Supposedly(in the brochure) the guy was a fisherman and made it for fishermen(why it hangs off your belt,is self- contained,and floats).When he wanted coffee or something he got tired of having to pack something extremely heavy,or pump up a coleman tank,fiddle with wood fire, or whatever..when he only wanted a cup of coffee while fishing..therefore created the solution to his problem..

I'm probably going to team that up with a small alcohol stove as a nice small unit for some hikes.I like the snap-fitting cup and pot.
I recently found another small double pot stainless set that has 3 clips that lock down the lids..The inner pot fits the outer one well..the perfect size for drybaking also,packing solo.I left it at the other house for that purpose when I want it.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:46 am

Do they mention what kind of alcohol or liquid fuel?

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:03 pm

Sorry..should have added this .."Denatured Alcohol(or equivalent)..Do not use gasoline or kerosene!"

oops56

Postby oops56 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:59 pm

i got one but no carry case made my own alcohol stove for it
Attachments
little de.JPG
Man play with fire man get burnt

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:00 pm

oops56,

That is the "Special Forces Combat Stove".

That is because the color is olive drab.

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:41 am

Return to “Stoves With Character”