Toaster has character

Know of a stove that has some Character about it for one reason or another, post it here.
zelph

Toaster has character

Postby zelph » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:47 pm

I bought this yesterday:

The base seems to be the size of a vintage sterno stove colapsable type. Oops, have you seen one like it. this one is heavy gauge steel.
Attachments
Thrift Store.jpg
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Re: Toaster has character

Postby realityguy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:19 pm

Isn't that just a rusty old Coleman one?We used those quite a bit back in the 50s when we were kids..They burned toast well..then you had to scrape it.. :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

oops56

Postby oops56 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:22 pm

zelph wrote:I bought this yesterday:

The base seems to be the size of a vintage sterno stove colapsable type. Oops, have you seen one like it. this one is heavy gauge steel.

yup i got 2 :lol:
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:29 am

realityguy wrote:Isn't that just a rusty old Coleman one?We used those quite a bit back in the 50s when we were kids..They burned toast well..then you had to scrape it.. :lol:

I remember well the scraping part. The P&J covered up most of the burnt taste. Back then I didn't have the patience to sit there and watch the bread become toast like I sit and watch water boil today :lol: Easy to burn toast, hard to burn water :lol:

Oops, I could have won big money if I had bet on you having more than 1 of these.....I new you would come through having at least 2. I'm going to use mine next week when I go on vacation locally to prepare for the big annual Halloween Campout. I need to get to the campground early so I can relax before the grand kids arrive on Thursday.

I'll use one of my companion burners as the heat source. The size I sent with the wood burner.

oops56

Postby oops56 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:11 am

zelph wrote:
realityguy wrote:Isn't that just a rusty old Coleman one?We used those quite a bit back in the 50s when we were kids..They burned toast well..then you had to scrape it.. :lol:

I remember well the scraping part. The P&J covered up most of the burnt taste. Back then I didn't have the patience to sit there and watch the bread become toast like I sit and watch water boil today :lol: Easy to burn toast, hard to burn water :lol:

Oops, I could have won big money if I had bet on you having more than 1 of these.....I new you would come through having at least 2. I'm going to use mine next week when I go on vacation locally to prepare for the big annual Halloween Campout. I need to get to the campground early so I can relax before the grand kids arrive on Thursday.

I'll use one of my companion burners as the heat source. The size I sent with the wood burner.

i got on off e bay then later found one in the back room
Man play with fire man get burnt

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:45 pm

I'm going to use mine next week when I go on vacation locally to prepare for the big annual Halloween Campout.

If you want to make a big hit..make a jack-o-lantern face pattern to put on your BURNT TOAST for the kids.. :lol:

That one appears that you can maybe undo the wires at the top,take the top off,and put your Cocoa pot on top(potstand) while you are burning toast..dual purpose!..Take marshmallows for the cocoa and also toasting through that top hole afterwards..feed them lots of those old sugary "Campfire brand" marshmallows(the ones that came in the small blue-white boxes,remember?)..then send them back to their parents for the evening all wired up.. :shock: ... :lol:

I wonder if anyone still has collected those old marshmallows in the boxes.. :roll: ..probably still good-to-go! :DB: :DP:

If you look at the picture on this page,it shows the old boxes they came in.. :mrgreen: --->
http://www.campfiremarshmallows.com/abo ... shmallows/
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:57 pm

I think Stumpjumper has one and I passes up a couple at the thrift store :oops: :oops: telling myself, I already have 4 or 5 camp toasters.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:39 pm

The companion burners throw off a lot of heat so the toaster will be just right to tame the flame down to marshmallow cookin use. Toast mallows and bread at the same time. I like them both fresh and soft also stale and chewy :lol:

those old ones in the box might still be chewy good! I don't remember them being sold in a box :?

RR, I won't buy another toaster. this one was a curiosity and it is built well. Not like the new ones.

Another thing, this toaster is not very tall. Made for DIY bread at home :D

Return to “Stoves With Character”