Kelty Kid

Discuss commercial internal/external packs you have used and give your likes and dislikes.
zelph

Kelty Kid

Postby zelph » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:48 pm

I picked up one of these at the thrift store yesterday for $7.50 In very good condition. It sure looks like a good modification project for this winter ;)

http://www.ebags.com/product/kelty-kids ... ADWPRODUCT
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Re: Kelty Kid

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:48 pm

I have passed on several of those at yard sales and thrift stores. i will be interested to see how you reconfigure it. Weren't you going to make a hammock... :lol: ....."OHHH, RealityGuy, can you work your magic on this kelty kidpack i got for a song?"... :lol: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:03 pm

Actually I've picked up LOTs of those in thrift stores but the better versions at about $7-15..usually the kelty kids Elite, or Trek models.They used to sell on ebay for about $100 used but the market went down to about $40-50 on craigs.In 1999,they had a recall(google kelty kid's recall) because kids were falling out of the bottom of the things because the strap that held them in wasn't sewn over as it should have been(under the kid's butt).I still sell about 1-2 a month at that $40-50 just to help people out because they sell new for about $200-300 depending on "options" you can get which include foot stirrups,a diaper bag,and the hood and removable small pack on the back.
The older models..I have a couple of them for use with packing large format cameras in the woods.The mothers on the trail seem interested until they look inside and see an old 4x5 speed graphic press camera fast asleep in there.. :lol:

Kelty kid's backpacks?..never heard of them... ;)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:00 am

The sun hoods are so cute!!!! :D You should be able to modify the support leg, swing it out, sit down and lean back and relax :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:14 am

The sun hoods are so cute!!!! :D You should be able to modify the support leg, swing it out, sit down and lean back and relax :D
...in the shade

They do have clear plastic so the kid can see where he's going also..They are really popular around here.That one you found maybe a newer current model. ;)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Return to “BACKPACKS”