And the winds blew!!!!

Useful information that may come in handy in an emergency situation. It can be hiking related or any other area of every day life situations. Icestorms, huricanes, tornados, floods etc.
zelph

Re: And the winds blew!!!!

Postby zelph » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:37 am

Multiple paterns and colors.

Wood poles, clay lined fire pit, double wall interior using 1,000denier nylon(50" height/tan color). Dirt burm all the way around circumfrence for draft control.

Circular shaped objects fare well in storms/tornados. Farm corn cribs remain standing after tornados pass through, not all the time but most. All I can do is hope for the best. :D

I hope to get it done this year. ;)
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:31 pm

I hope to get it done this year.

Put it on the front burner. Make it a priority and you will "Git er done" ! :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:14 pm

Put your garage or barn between the tornadoes and your tipi..and it should fare okay... ;) ..Have a good trip!We're still waiting for summer to show up ..up here... :roll:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:56 pm

I saw a full size tipi last evening on the way back to camp. I'll go back there today and get some info from the owner on it's specs. Maybe camp in it overnight :lol:

Talked to my daughter on Sunday, she idicates she will remain in Seattle after here husband gets discharged from the navy the first of the coming year.. they like up there. :D
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:47 pm

Talked to my daughter on Sunday, she idicates she will remain in Seattle after here husband gets discharged from the navy the first of the coming year.. they like up there.

More like a direct order from DAD, "You will reside in Seattle and thriftstore shop daily. When the garage is full, I will bring the RV up to free up some space....concentrate on camping gear, furniture, and "little guitars" :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:45 pm

"little guitars"...PLEASE!Buy up all the little guitars you can find so I don't.The wife still doesn't appreciate the "ukulele upholstery" and it's spreading like wildfire from the wrap around couch to the other furniture. :o On the other hand..someone might be buying another one tonight. :mrgreen:He just got back from Hawaii too..sounds like he ran into a lot of "ukulele snobs" over there.. :roll: he doesn't know anything about them or what he might want and no one would bother to show him their instruments and explain them(size,type,strings,sound,materials,etc).Oh well..guess I'll have to...Once he picks one up here and strums it..he's a goner!SOLD! :lol:
People have been coming by for vintage ukes,picking mine up,and sobbing when they leave without one of mine.. :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

sudden

Postby sudden » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:05 pm

realityguy wrote:"little guitars"...PLEASE!Buy up all the little guitars you can find so I don't.The wife still doesn't appreciate the "ukulele upholstery" and it's spreading like wildfire from the wrap around couch to the other furniture. :o On the other hand..someone might be buying another one tonight. :mrgreen:He just got back from Hawaii too..sounds like he ran into a lot of "ukulele snobs" over there.. :roll: he doesn't know anything about them or what he might want and no one would bother to show him their instruments and explain them(size,type,strings,sound,materials,etc).Oh well..guess I'll have to...Once he picks one up here and strums it..he's a goner!SOLD! :lol:
People have been coming by for vintage ukes,picking mine up,and sobbing when they leave without one of mine.. :lol:

I better not tell you about the uke app I found for my android phone then.
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:18 am

I better not tell you about the uke app I found for my android phone then.

I've seen them on tv commercials..they sound awful!

<http://www.kb-ent.com/ukessmall8stringssb.wav>

See if that works... ;)

:o

:lol:

Return to “Survival and Bushcrafts”