And the winds blew!!!!

Useful information that may come in handy in an emergency situation. It can be hiking related or any other area of every day life situations. Icestorms, huricanes, tornados, floods etc.
realityguy

Re: And the winds blew!!!!

Postby realityguy » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:12 pm

My teepee is done..how about yours? :mrgreen:

I think Mr. Dan has his totem already standing,just needs to carve it..then set up his teepee next to it.
Supposedly this was the only book written on actually CARVING a totem..in 1977..the rest were about the history and that..from a local guy from Italy.. :roll:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:48 pm

Cool lookin book, don't have one. Got to do my tippi first. My wife and I talked about it yesterday. I'm going to start looking for an online source for the poles. I suspect they will be coming out of Minnesota or Wisconsin. I have the plans and material, also 2 sewing machines. I want to do the biggest I've seen plans for, 18 feet in diameter with central heat/fire pit. Once I start, I'll be well on my way into it, non stop. :D
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:01 pm

Don't you get a loft and sunroom with an 18 footer? :roll: :lol:
Is this going to be a portable setup for hiking? or something for carcamping?Couldn't you use conduit?Some of that comes in 20' lengths..it may stick out of your backpack a bit.. :roll:

:lol:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... ition=used

Mine is a weird hardbound book around a soft covered one..Someone at one time paid $18.95 for it..not me.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:50 pm

Got to do my tippi first. "My wife and I talked about it yesterday". I'm going to start looking for an online source for the poles.

Has the Mrs. agreed to help with the sewing? ;) Once the poles are delivered, there's no turning back. What type of material do you think you might use for your walls?
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:37 am

Once the poles are delivered, there's no turning back. What type of material do you think you might use for your walls?

From what I've heard from the horse's mouth..some selfish guy cornered the market on all the ripstop coated nylon at Walmart in his state... :roll:

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:19 pm

realityguy wrote:
Once the poles are delivered, there's no turning back. What type of material do you think you might use for your walls?

From what I've heard from the horse's mouth..some selfish guy cornered the market on all the ripstop coated nylon at Walmart in his state... :roll:

not enough for a teepee but enough for an enclosed hammock rainfly if I get ambitious or out from under home upkeep :roll:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:43 pm

I meant that other guy.. ;).. The one with the trees toppling over and greenhouse.. :roll:

:lol: :lol:

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:16 am

I'll pick a place in my large yard to have it stay permanantly.

I don't dare ask my wife for help sewing. She is totally busy with a career change.

I made the best of the Walmart fabric sale at a buck a yard. Ya gotta get while the gettins good. :lol:
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:32 pm

I made the best of the Walmart fabric sale at a buck a yard. Ya gotta get while the gettins good.

How many different colors and patterns should we expect your teepee to be? :lol:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:59 pm

Are you using wood poles or aluminum ones?..just curious.. :roll: What decade should we expect this to be finished?Procrastinatin' don't get 'er dun.. ya no.. ;)

I hope you are building the thing heavy enough to not blow away with those hurricanes you've been gettin' lately.. ;)

Return to “Survival and Bushcrafts”