Waterproof Tinder Idea

Useful information that may come in handy in an emergency situation. It can be hiking related or any other area of every day life situations. Icestorms, huricanes, tornados, floods etc.
realityguy

Re: Waterproof Tinder Idea

Postby realityguy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:47 pm

I haven't tried it in a campground yet but imagine it would get noticed.. :lol: ..it has the hook folds down in the back and also a magnet so you can stick it under your car hood while working on your car or hang it on your collar while working under a house.The lower level is a 3-led flashlight on the end.Weighs 3-1/2oz with the batteries that came with it.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

JollyRogers

Postby JollyRogers » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:22 pm

I have a couple of these I keep in my saddlebags. They work really well. The hook/magnet are really nice features for hands-free use.

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:21 am

Dragonfly's eat mosquitos.

The best part of the story: the retreat had a famous swami, well-educated people from around the world, and me. I first noticed people in two's and three's would comment, "Who is she?" Like that. I also noticed quite a few people would crowd in close - people would stand near me. The mosquitos were in the zillions everywhere, except in a "bubble" 12-15 feet from me. "Is it her aura?"

Finally, one lady asked. "Have you noticed mosquitos don't bite you?" I said, I understand my body has alkalyn balance, a reference to Ayurveda. They don't seem to bite me. But it is, taking the zipper-pull attached Solar-Powered Anti-Mosquite Guard in my hand, probably this Solar-Powered Anti-Mosquito Guard. It emits the sound of a dragonfly, and, dragonflys eat mosquitos.

connie, Frogs eat dragonflys............did you notice any frogs being attracted to you???? :P or birds 8-)

I think the mega led's are nice but battery life is probably the same as a regular 1 incandescent bulb. What's your thoughts on that?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:17 am

I've used the led monster only a few times when I really need it or use the three in the front end when mega-light isn't needed.More than likely it's more than needed in any campground situation but it would be super nice crawling under a house for doing plumbing or electrical(using cordless tools and not needing a cord except for a light!) or in an emergency situation instead...what I really bought it for.I don't expect to take it camping unless it's for car camping and I would be miserly with the floodlight.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

simplepeddler

Postby simplepeddler » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:43 pm

Lord only know the damage I could have caused with a roll of that when I was twelve........... :lol: :lol: ...

angelcryHawk

Postby angelcryHawk » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:03 pm

I haven't tried camping because I am scared of the dark and the sound of creatures. But I would love to experience it, it just this feeling i couldn't overcome.

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:56 pm

angelcryHawk wrote:I haven't tried camping because I am scared of the dark and the sound of creatures. But I would love to experience it, it just this feeling i couldn't overcome.

Try it at a local campground. Do all the outdoor things during the day, have a noonday nap in the tent. Drive home late in the evening, return in the morning to the sound of crows, caw, caw, caw, caw!!!! :D

Get yourself plenty of ear plugs and keep the light on all night. Creatures are afraid of light, insects love it, get yellow :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:37 pm

I think you are more safe camping far from people, than near people.

angelcryHawk

Postby angelcryHawk » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:07 am

zelph wrote:
angelcryHawk wrote:I haven't tried camping because I am scared of the dark and the sound of creatures. But I would love to experience it, it just this feeling i couldn't overcome.

Try it at a local campground. Do all the outdoor things during the day, have a noonday nap in the tent. Drive home late in the evening, return in the morning to the sound of crows, caw, caw, caw, caw!!!! :D

Get yourself plenty of ear plugs and keep the light on all night. Creatures are afraid of light, insects love it, get yellow :D

really??? Is that the way it is?? Would love to try it just for once this coming may..

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:27 am

Make sure you take one of your machetes with you to fend off the more vicious mice.... :roll:

Return to “Survival and Bushcrafts”