Waterproof Tinder Idea

Useful information that may come in handy in an emergency situation. It can be hiking related or any other area of every day life situations. Icestorms, huricanes, tornados, floods etc.
ConnieD

Re: Waterproof Tinder Idea

Postby ConnieD » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:51 pm

angelcryHawk,

Note this comment:
realityguy, The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Nobody should take realityguy too seriously.

JollyRogers

Postby JollyRogers » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:28 pm

I'm not too worried about bears, wolves or bobcats. But if I see a guy in a clown suit and I'm more than a mile in from the trial head, I'd probably pee my pants! :twisted:

Start out just doing day hikes on some local nature trails or bike paths. Get as much or a s little interaction with nature as you like. Once you start to feel more comfortable maybe try out a campground. Get to know your surroundings. About an hour before sun down a lot of the night critters start getting active. You can spend a little time there without spending the night. This way you can get to know what is out there without the worry of complete darkness.
Frogs, raccoons, owls and bugs are nocturnal creatures and they are very soothing to listen to once you know what they are.

The biggest hurdle in this is what is in your mind. You need to each your mind that most of the things that go bump in the night usually do so because they are too vulnerable to be out in the day time. Darkness is their protection and they are afraid of us who are active during the day.

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:32 pm

Good points JollyRogers.

I've been leading angelcryHawk on in this thread. I'm surprised he came back with a second comment :shock:

If you google his name you'll be able to see his name come up on several pages. He's only here as a spammer me thinks :(
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:43 pm

His IP address comes up on the antispammer website. He has a long list of dirty laundry and I am done with him and his post. He is here to sell knives only. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:37 pm

Personally what would scare me is some whackjob deep in the woods carrying 10 or 15 of his knives..That person would have to have a few screws loose... :roll: ..JMHO
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:43 am

he's one of those knife collectors that has to get rid of some to buy more. ;)
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Survival and Bushcrafts”