Postby zelph » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:33 pm

And now for an evening with fireworks.............stay safe :D

Watch the video on full screen :DBfire:

"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Re: Fourth of July

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:47 pm

Boom Boom BOOM!!!!
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:28 pm

My wife and I went locally to watch a decent display in a small town. Parked in a bank parking lot, sat in lawn chairs on asphalt. A primo Ford Edsel station wagon was in the lot also. It was looked at more than the fireworks :mrgreen:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ford+ed ... UoAg&dpr=1

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:16 pm

Our 4th was a bust..This city finally went "fireworks are banned!" last year..which is fine with us with a couple nervous felines that hide indoors when they are going off...It didn't make a difference.Being in the close proximity of a few Native American reservations doesn't help matter with all hell breaking loose around here..except this year they waited for the cover of darkness for their illegal activities..despite all the public warnings about extremely dry :shock: conditions(record dry spell since 1982?) and everywhere being fire hazards,and "please don't use fireworks this year!" from city officials.They still managed to burn down a few houses,and to set enough brush fires to keep all the local fire districts constantly hopping form fire to fire."Sorry..but we have to contain this brush fire before saving your house."
Mortars were rampant until about 2-3am on the 4th..and some #$#$%$#*-hole^..has decided he'll use the remainder of his by blowing one or two mortars per night at approximately 2-3am..every night.Hopefully someone turns that jerk in for an extended free stay in the local pokey...
A couple "50+ year old men in a pickup" decided to cruise down I-5 around rush hour on the 3rd throwing road flares into several(8?) dry brushy spots,causing a nice 3-4 hour traffic jam with some commuters deciding to use the shoulder(facing against traffic) to head back to the last exit ..while the firetrucks were also trying to use them to get to the hot spots.
Next year..give me the opportunity and I'll be the first one to report morons shooting off fireworks..I'm tired of that crap...I hope the fines are more expensive than their fireworks. :evil:
I understand "freedom and independence" and all that..but not while you take it away from others and put their lives and property in danger.Fortunately our close neighborhood on this street seems to be the only one in town that would rather have a quiet fourth.Perhaps..it's because we all OWN our homes. :roll: One block away in most directions are a lot of renters that go nuts with fireworks..probably because they don't own anything worth losing..Oh well..Another Independence? Day down the toilet..Thank Gawd it's over!
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:03 am

RG. next year go to your other home on the fourth and hope for the best. :D

Too many jerks out there that put lives in danger with fireworks. The drought out west is terrible. Hurt my heart to see the land so dry when I was in CA last week of April first week of May. So now it worked it's way up north to WA. :shock:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:36 pm

It's been breaking all the records up here..just hit the first time since 1977 that we've had 80+ degree days for 15 days in a row..dry as a bone for over a month now.Ellensburg on the other side of the cascades(Eastern,WA) hit 107.
Some J-O was setting them off last night also about 75 yards away.My younger cat came streaking in(mortar fire)..and eventually eased outlater again last night.He disappeared for the night..but managed to find his food bowl this morning :roll: .. :lol:
I'm going to roll by that house this morning and get the address.If he wants to do them again tonight,he'll have company in blue uniforms.There's a "Fireworks Are Banned"..city ordinance..sign about 100 feet away ..on the corner.. from his house.I got a hunch someone else has turned him in a few times to get it placed there.We''ll see if his IQ allows him to count to probably $150 for the fine.. :twisted:
The other house is not an option..we don't take the cats up there.Outdoor cats get eaten there..
Besides..I haven't had time to go up there for about two months..working on special order ukuleles(2 to maui,2here,and a couple made for myself..like I need more :lol: ),lot of stuff on craigslist..It's probably a jungle for grass...but hopefully the dry weather has slowed the grass down some..but it has maintained about 10 degrees cooler out by the coast..perfect temps for ocean beach hiking!... :roll:
Today I'm stuck at home again working on ukuleles..and waiting for a baritone ukulele and a lap steel that need restoration to be delivered..couple ebay items..Fedex and Usps..Someone is supposed to be coming by to check out a Pfaff walking foot machine from craigs.
I'm also going to start putting together restored ukuleles and vintage parts for a couple lamps..from a Leonardo Nunes Ukulele and a John Kumalae one,both from about 1920 or earlier :o ..That'll P-O the ukulele collectors and purists... :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:50 am

I'm also going to start putting together restored ukuleles and vintage parts for a couple lamps..from a Leonardo Nunes Ukulele and a John Kumalae one,both from about 1920 or earlier :o ..That'll P-O the ukulele collectors and purists... :lol:

That's interesting. I like art made with instruments. My wife mounted an old vintage violin onto a wood picture frame and embellished it with burnt edge sheet music and the bow that had broken strings. Turned out really nice. It hung on the wall at her folks house until they passed away. It then went to the home of one of her sisters.

I recently saw that Washington state has at least 5 counties that are under a fire ban alert. California weather has moved north to your neck-o-the woods. Weather patterns are really messed up :roll:

I'm surprised other critters don't gobble up your cat's food. I have a small tent I should send you for one of your felines. It's a Barbie size tent :mrgreen: Do you think they would use it if you coated the interior with catnip?

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:49 pm

With Pua..I just need to set up a tent before she wants to go in there..and they don't need catnip..--->
https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/spo/5087178438.html

I think she is in most of my tent pictures on here..

I don't think she'd fit in a Barbie tent...

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:40 pm

realityguy wrote:With Pua..I just need to set up a tent before she wants to go in there..and they don't need catnip..--->
https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/spo/5087178438.html

I think she is in most of my tent pictures on here..

I don't think she'd fit in a Barbie tent...

SHOO! that's so cute :lol: Yes, we've seen her many times but I forgot how big she was :o Barbie tents are for kittens ;)

Pua must be your best friend, follows you everywhere :D

Return to “Just For The Fun Of It”