Happy Holidays!

Odds and Ends Of Life, Keep It Clean
zelph

Re: Happy Holidays!

Postby zelph » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:33 pm

It's done and looks great. Matches the lipstick in the newspaper adds. Color blending is easier if you use a Panatone color matching book of color chips. It's used in the printing industry. You did great without it! Now all you need to do is wax it and drive it to your new location during the daylight hours and then put the trim. It would be nice to put a couple coats of clear on it.
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:28 pm

Looking good, steamjam. How many coats of paint and clear coat will it take to finish the job? The thing I remember most about our old Beatle was that the wind would blow it all over the highway but it sure was nice to have when taking my drivers test :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

steamjam

Postby steamjam » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:00 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:Looking good, steamjam. How many coats of paint and clear coat will it take to finish the job? The thing I remember most about our old Beatle was that the wind would blow it all over the highway but it sure was nice to have when taking my drivers test :lol:

All I did was throw on a coat of etch, 2 coats of primer, 2 coats of base, and 2 coats of clear. And I did this with a touch up HVLP gun to keep the mess down to a minimum. Ill take some pics this evening after I colour sand it and buff since I took the day off of work... :) Yes, bugs are "interesting" to drive on the freeway with ANY cross wind at all.

steamjam

Postby steamjam » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:39 pm

I got to admit that its not half bad:

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:06 pm

Got to admit, you're right :D It looks great for using a touchup gun. Is this your "drive on sunny Sundays" only car? 8-) Nice way to start "spring" and start thinking of taking a week off to hit the trails somwhere to get away from it all. Take the bug and bugout! :P

Now take the extension cord of the side view mirror and take another photo :lol:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

steamjam

Postby steamjam » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:17 pm

Hmmm I saw this today and its gotten me to start thinking... HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:10 am

That is awesome . I wonder how hard the motor is to get to? :roll:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

steamjam

Postby steamjam » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:57 pm

zelph wrote:Pay cash for a used motorhome from the sale of your house and be almost debt free. Doit! :D

Darned you! Now I'm looking at oooooooooooooooooold class-B motorhomes and how I can install 4wd, onboard welding and air. I saw this low low mileage class B dodge Explorer I really like. Its got everything I would need to live on the road and the RR is willing to let me live free on some abandoned track just to be a watchman. I almost can't resist this!

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:16 pm

That sounds like an exciting adventure possibility. Just make sure to pack a fishing pole ;) it could be a camp fire every night :fuel: :chop: :marsh: plus a good way to avoid junk mail :lol:

steamjam

Postby steamjam » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:26 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:That sounds like an exciting adventure possibility. Just make sure to pack a fishing pole ;) it could be a camp fire every night :fuel: :chop: :marsh: plus a good way to avoid junk mail :lol:

i think this thread is about to evolve into "Living in a 4x4 Dodge Explorer motorhome on a railroad" thread.

Return to “Just For The Fun Of It”