Happy Holidays!

Odds and Ends Of Life, Keep It Clean
steamjam

Re: Happy Holidays!

Postby steamjam » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:52 pm

zelph wrote: Nice cart for the welder. I see those along the highway once in a while. I love multipurpose items:

Thanks! When I was at University, my roommate and I built that in our kitchen using the elsewhere mentioned on this board Lincoln Weldpak 110. You never want to weld on Linoleum flooring. Its was my first lesson in welding.... :lol:

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:53 pm

Its was my first lesson in welding....

:lol: I can relate.......My kitchen table has some nice bb size burn holes in it from my spot welder :lol: Yes my wife gave me her 2cents worth of opinions :roll: I was humbled :oops:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

steamjam

Postby steamjam » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:38 pm

grrr. I ended up cutting the entire section out of the upper door hinge inner panel and simply welded in a new one... looks way better and feels way more solid then just repairing the old one. Its a good thing I didn't finish weld the previous repair.. Now I can finish weld.. :)

steamjam

Postby steamjam » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:29 pm

This is what I cut out:

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:49 pm

Where did you scrounge the blue backer piece from? It has the threaded holes, you got spare doors :mrgreen: Here's a photo from the first time around:

steamjam

Postby steamjam » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:12 am

A while ago I bought a used "front cut" quarter section and passenger door off a junked 1967 Bug. Its where I got the replacement door hinge piece and the quarter skin. 1967 is a weird year for bugs as there are certain parts like the doors, rear deck lid, that are unique to only 1967 year bugs. It makes for a pain in the *ss at times. But I'm sure glad I bought the spares. My car came with a mismatched passenger door that was meant for a 1968 or newer and I just couldn't have it!

A friend of mine just told me about a 1959 Rambler his uncle wants to sell for cheap that is 100% complete, and still runs and drives. I'm a gonna go check it out! A good fuel injected Jeep 4.0 with 2wd 5 speed manual tranny swap is envisioned!

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:10 am

It's nice to have extra parts laying around as long as you can find them ;) How many bugs do you have?

Looks like you might have a new Rambler coming home :o Lot more comfy than a jeep :mrgreen: good trade!!!

steamjam

Postby steamjam » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:38 pm

zelph wrote:It's nice to have extra parts laying around as long as you can find them ;) How many bugs do you have?

Looks like you might have a new Rambler coming home :o Lot more comfy than a jeep :mrgreen: good trade!!!

I only have one bug.. :-) Its just that I have a mountain of parts Ive picked up along the way.. :) I'm sure if I bring this Rambler home, I'll stick with owning only one Rambler. But over time I'll collect enough parts to build a second one just because "You never know where your gonna need an extra part or two."

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:40 pm

I saw a Rambler in a movie on tv today. :o

Cars keep you busy, stoves keep me busy. :mrgreen:

When do you think You'll be able to paint the bug and what color?

By the way, wasn't the bug the original means of creating sandune buggies?

steamjam

Postby steamjam » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:31 am

zelph wrote:I saw a Rambler in a movie on tv today. :o
Cars keep you busy, stoves keep me busy. :mrgreen:
When do you think You'll be able to paint the bug and what color?
By the way, wasn't the bug the original means of creating sandune buggies?

Cars keep me busy on the weekends.. Stoves keep me busy at work.. :) I should be ready to paint in a few weeks. Its going to be in the original colour: Ruby Red. Yes, bugs were used as sand dune buggies.. :)

Return to “Just For The Fun Of It”