Frogs frogs and more frogs

Odds and Ends Of Life, Keep It Clean
realityguy

Re: Frogs frogs and more frogs

Postby realityguy » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:45 pm

You missed a couple still in the trunk..You'll probably find them after a couple weeks in their in the hot sun.. :roll: Appears they peed all over yer trunk..serves ya right. :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:30 pm

realityguy wrote:You missed a couple still in the trunk..You'll probably find them after a couple weeks in their in the hot sun.. :roll: Appears they peed all over yer trunk..serves ya right. :lol:

Don't even think that I left a couple of them unfound :o The only thing that smells worse than dead fish/amphibian is "esbit" :lol:

Ok, here is the recipe:

2 cans Expresso New England clam chowder soup, chunky style.

1 pound frog meat cleaned off the bone after it has been cooked.

Salt and pepper to taste with a little "summack" seasoning(new found Mediteranian seasoning) don't even think "poison summack" :P

Frog had a texture like "clams" so they compliment each other ;)

Next dozen frogs will be cooked longer, tenderized and cubed. I can't get myself to grill them because they are so lean. Maybe if I wrapped them in non-stick aluminum foil and grilled them they might turn out ok.

Some photos:

https://www.google.com/search?q=progres ... 43&bih=842

http://www.firepit-and-grilling-guru.co ... ecipe.html
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:13 pm

Maybe if I wrapped them ..

..................IN BACON! :DB: :DB: :DP: :DB: :DB:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:22 am

realityguy wrote:
Maybe if I wrapped them ..

..................IN BACON! :DB: :DB: :DP: :DB: :DB:

If I did that I would not go back to any other way of cooking them :DB: :DP: :DB: :DP:

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:41 am

zelph wrote:I used oldbay for seafood, poultry, salads and meats.........kinda universal I;d say :)

The Blacken stuff sound interesting ;)

I just tried some Fat Boys All Purpose seasoning last night on some chix breast....AWESOME flavor

Give a little hint on the flavor. India, mexically or chinese.

Hard to describe but you can give us your perspective once you coat some juicy legs with the Fat Boys ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:28 pm

Hard to describe but you can give us your perspective once you coat some juicy legs with the Fat Boys

This evening my wife pressure cooked some beef to make bbq beef. It turned out she decided to fry up some onions and green peppers, left the beef shredded and poured the onion peppers over the beef laying on 2 pieces of bread. I sprinkled some Fat Boy Rub on top and wound up Pigging Out" on it. :mrgreen: Man that stuff is good. I can really get used to that hickory flavor mighty quick. Great stuff!!!!

I think the frogs should be rubbed down with it, let sit for 2 hours in fridge and then put into pressure cooker and processed in there for a determined amount of time to tenderize them. Yes, I think that's what I',m going to do next. It's suppose to rain tomorrow so that should warm the water a bit and get the frogs active. (bluegils also) I'll see if I can get some on Thursday.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:43 pm

Definitely season them before cooking so the flavor permeates into the meat ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:18 am

For sure! I really like the smoked hickory flavor. I like everything about it :D

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:23 pm

I was talking to a meatcutter stocking the seafood case the other day. He asked me if I wanted some "River Chicken" and I looked at his strangely. He said that is what his family has always called frog legs. That hit a funny bone and I had a good laugh. I asked 12 customers throughout the day if they had ever heard of "river chicken". Not one person knew what I was talking about so I told the cutter that must have been something his dad came up with but I definitely like the term; River Chicken :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:34 pm

Zelph, I hope you caught some River Chicken while out camping this weekend. :lol:

Return to “Just For The Fun Of It”