the old Pepsi G

Give results of stoves tested. At least three test burns made in succession using 1/2 ounce of denatured alcohol and 2 cups of water. Give any and all additional conditions that exist during testing.

Stoves bought retail and Do-It-Yourself stoves. Everyone is welcome to post their results and post comments.
Ridgerunner

Re: the old Pepsi G

Post by Ridgerunner » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:27 am

Skidsteer wrote:
Ridgerunner wrote:Does anyone know what happened to the Rocks thru hike this year? Last I heard, he hurt his ankle and had to take time off the trail. I did not hear what his plans were after that. :?:
Stress fracture in the foot. He's working at a security firm and comptemplating getting into law enforcement, last I heard.
What a shame he fractured his foot after all the preparation that is put into such a major undertaking. i'm sure he will be successful at whatever he does and wish him the best . I wonder if the desire is still there to do a thru hike or if he has given up on the idea all together ? Sometimes there is only a small window of opportunity for a thru hike then the real world and family life take priority. Let me just say how much I appreciate his service to our country over the last 20 years and wish him and Dixiecritter all the best. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !