A small coffee stove

The stove creations of Oops56 and a Collection of Vintage Stoves of the Past
oops56
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:31 am

A small coffee stove

Postby oops56 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:43 am

I put in 1/2 oz. but it did not use it all and got no time timer went on the frits but it was fast

Image
Man play with fire man get burnt

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15751
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: A small coffee stove

Postby zelph » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:22 am

That works pretty slick oops. It settled down nicely. That's an interesting pot. Is it a drip percolator type?
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Allen
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: A small coffee stove

Postby Allen » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:37 pm

I've never seen a Coffee pot like that before. That's cool!
I like the stove too!
Thanks oops! :)

User avatar
Skidsteer
Posts: 555
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:10 pm
Location: Leisure Acres

Re: A small coffee stove

Postby Skidsteer » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:00 pm

Allen wrote:I've never seen a Coffee pot like that before. That's cool!
I like the stove too!
Thanks oops! :)


Check the thrift stores. I see them from time to time for about a dollar.
Skids

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)
Image

Allen
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: A small coffee stove

Postby Allen » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Skidsteer wrote:
Allen wrote:I've never seen a Coffee pot like that before. That's cool!
I like the stove too!
Thanks oops! :)


Check the thrift stores. I see them from time to time for about a dollar.


Thanks Skidsteer!

DaddyMnM
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:26 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: A small coffee stove

Postby DaddyMnM » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:45 am

I really like the stove, especially the wide base and top. I've always wondered how one of those pots would work too. I am one of the few people in Seattle that doesn't drink coffee but I have seen this pot numerous places including REI:

http://www.rei.com/product/401040

Campmor has it in aluminum or stainless:

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/cam ... &image.y=0

Thanks for the video oops.

Allen
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: A small coffee stove

Postby Allen » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:58 am

DaddyMnM wrote:I really like the stove, especially the wide base and top. I've always wondered how one of those pots would work too. I am one of the few people in Seattle that doesn't drink coffee but I have seen this pot numerous places including REI:

http://www.rei.com/product/401040

Campmor has it in aluminum or stainless:

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/cam ... &image.y=0

Thanks for the video oops.


Thanks For the links DaddyMoM !

oops56
Posts: 1920
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:31 am

Re: A small coffee stove

Postby oops56 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:29 am

I got 3 of them the one on the right is real small holds about 3 or 4 oz. coffee

Image
Man play with fire man get burnt

User avatar
zelph
Posts: 15751
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:53 pm

Re: A small coffee stove

Postby zelph » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:41 am

oops56 wrote:I got 3 of them the one on the right is real small holds about 3 or 4 oz. coffee

Image


Any idea what country they are made in?
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

DaddyMnM
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:26 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: A small coffee stove

Postby DaddyMnM » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:12 pm

Not really sure where they are made. I'll try to remember to read the box next time I am in REI. I would guess somewhere in europe or from one of the former eastern block countries.

A quick google came up with a few more interesting links:

http://dwb.fresnobee.com/static/2006/jm ... index.html
http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/espresso1.htm


Return to “Oops56 Creations and Things”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest