a old stove

Postby oops56 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:13 pm

i fired up a old stove made a pot beans :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2aJgHHO ... ature=plcp
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Re: a old stove

Postby zelph » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:47 pm

Good one oops!!! That's the kind of pot support they use on ships to prevent the pot from sliding off the stove :mrgreen:

did you burn the beans? Did you get some wood pellets for the zelph stove? The only way I can get charcoal to work well is pour lots of charcoal lighter on them, step back and toss a match at them :mrgreen:

4" twigs stacked verticle in the zelph stove makes me want to burn twigs all the day long :mrgreen:

Do you have any videos of your exotic vintage stoves giving off some nice flames? do you have one of the Borde bomb on fire?
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:46 pm

What you been doing up there in your neck of the woods?
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56

Postby oops56 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:23 am

well its still cold here and rain i been making some fire kits in altoids tins now making up some first aid kits in a few days make some hide glue the first sun day try my hand at bow fire making but i guess some solar cooking going to be late oh grass is ready to cut but wet and i not got a new mower yet so i got use the sick one shh dont tell any one i got a mini heet from smokeeater but not did test it yet i not like a hardware cloth pot stand much looking to make my owe some kind darn its cold in here i guess light up the stove

sudden

Postby sudden » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:22 pm

Must have missed the first post oops. Nice high tech stove you got there :D
Those beans made me hungry.

I fixed my old mower. Turned out to be a real easy job. Just a rubber gasket and vrooooom, back in operation. Thought I would have to scrap it but decided to see what the internet knew about sputtering mowers. Fixed it for less than $10. I'm a certified lawn mower genius now.
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

oops56

Postby oops56 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:45 pm

sudden wrote:Must have missed the first post oops. Nice high tech stove you got there :D
Those beans made me hungry.

I fixed my old mower. Turned out to be a real easy job. Just a rubber gasket and vrooooom, back in operation. Thought I would have to scrap it but decided to see what the internet knew about sputtering mowers. Fixed it for less than $10. I'm a certified lawn mower genius now.

yup i use too fix them for me but i got lazy i think the flywheel key is bad its out time a little firing late

sudden

Postby sudden » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:24 pm

The only time that key moves is if you hit something. I had one do that years ago, I gave up trying to fix it.
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:26 pm

It's a simple fix. If you sheer the key, it will not run. Y just need to remove a bunch of screws and install a new key in the key way unless you somehow damaged the key way. Then your screwed!
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

oops56

Postby oops56 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:12 pm

[quote="Ridgerunner"]It's a simple fix. If you sheer the key, it will not run. Y just need to remove a bunch of screws and install a new key in the key way unless you somehow damaged the key way. Then your screwed![/quote
i have extra keys i just need to male a flywheel puller i sure its the key cause i hit a pipe that's when it all started the last time i hit that pipe one other lawn mower it broke the bottom oil seal cut grass and feed it oil at same time :lol: when it got low on oil it stop running put more in a way we go it had a low oil switch to shut it down

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:22 pm

Oops, seems the easy fix would be to fix the pipe so you can't run over it by putting a metal fence post next to it or removing it if it serves no purpose. :P ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Return to “Oops56 Creations and Things”