chicken legs solar

The stove creations of Oops56 and a Collection of Vintage Stoves of the Past
oops56

chicken legs solar

Postby oops56 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:51 pm

well i cook solar again today solar trying to help out the oil spell :lol: :lol: save on fuel power

http://www.youtube.com/user/RJBURG#p/a/u/0/r0GLUaXtc1g
Man play with fire man get burnt

DarenN

Re: chicken legs solar

Postby DarenN » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:23 pm

good stuff Oops! :mrgreen:
just be careful you don't eat too much! :lol: :lol:
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:13 pm

That's great Oops! that Mrs. Oops is one smart cookie. She says " oops, why don't you build that solar cooker you have been talking about for years" and before you know it, she has you fixing her breakfast and dinner. Yes sir, she is one smart cookie! :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:46 pm

Holy Chicken Fat !!!!!! Your a Master Solar Cooker. I can see a new show on the food channel featuring Oops56. He'll be sharing a spot with Rachael Ray and Emeril Lagasi :D Opps, you're taking this new found cooking method to great lengths, NICE!!! :D We don't need polluted fish from the gulf as long as we have chicken legs and eggs :mrgreen:
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

sudden

Postby sudden » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:52 pm

I'll be you could do any crock pot recipe in your solar cooker. Just set and forget. Nice video.
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:24 pm

Look at the construction of oops solar cooker

And also this one:

and this on for potatos

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:59 pm

I think Oops56 made that last video just to show us that new shiny hatchet :lol: :lol: I have a question for Oops56 regarding the different oven constructions. Which oven draws more heat; the one with the black box or the one with the reflective box? I am planning on building an oven using a sheet of plexiglass that has a mirror reflective coating on one side and using a large fresnel lens for a lid. I'm thinking it should generate enough heat to fry wings :twisted: :DBfire: :dinner: :ugeek: ....or it may get so hot that it melts the plexiglass :lol: that's why we build and experiment and test different options :geek:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:19 pm

I wonder if Oops56 can get out his doors or see out his windows with all the snow up that way? I sure hope he has plenty of wood and it is stacked close to his furnace ;)

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:57 pm

think oops is living similar to an Eskimo with all that snow that keeps falling up there. He has probably lost contact with the outside world. No tv or internet. He always did have a good stack of wood on hand to keep him warm thru the winter.

Your Fresnel lens is dangerous :P You'll need to use a diffuser to knock down it's power. :D

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:36 am

zelph wrote:think oops is living similar to an Eskimo with all that snow that keeps falling up there. He has probably lost contact with the outside world. No tv or internet. He always did have a good stack of wood on hand to keep him warm thru the winter.

Your Fresnel lens is dangerous :P You'll need to use a diffuser to knock down it's power. :D

Or cook in cast iron....if I build it in a wood box, I could see it going up in smoke :o like the magnifying lens and dried leaf we use to do as kids. I wish I had an old metal milk box. I will have to see if mom has one amongst all the antiques.

Return to “Oops56 Creations and Things”