A cat stove that simmers

The stove creations of Oops56 and a Collection of Vintage Stoves of the Past
oops56

A cat stove that simmers

Postby oops56 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:51 pm

I had a idea hot make a cat stove simmer put a wick in the stove when cat goes out the wick keeps burning and it work this is only the first round need more tweaking.
Left to right
A all wicks go in can in middle fill wick so its full till a little runs the put in you 1/2 oz. alcohol left to right
fist test tiki wick 4 min got 200F then it the hi flames died the inside wick kick in and burn for 4 min more kept just steaming a little. [They all kept a steaming on wick]
Secound is a wood stove door wick fill wick then put in 1/2 oz. fuel in 4min. boils simmer kick in at 5 min and simmer for 2 min.
Last house fiberglass wick the fiber glass was to big must cut in half that wick holds a 1/2 oz. fuel then must put 1/2 oz. so 1 oz. for this stove for stove 3 min boil kick in at 5 min for simmer and last for 2 min but this was a hi simmer almost boiling they all need more test and tweaking.P. S. the simmer flame does not came out the holes just burns inside

Man play with fire man get burnt

oops56

Re: A cat stove that simmers

Postby oops56 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:19 pm

Dam i should have put that in the stove of the mouth.They say drinking beer kills some brain cells well i have not had any since i retired almost 3 years it must be all that wood alcohol.When i drank beer i cant remember things now i forget things . :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:49 pm

oops56 wrote:that wick holds a 1/2 oz. fuel then must put 1/2 oz. so 1 oz. for this stove for stove 3 min boil kick in at 5 min for simmer and last for 2 min but this was a hi simmer almost boiling they all need more test and tweaking.P. S. the simmer flame does not came out the holes just burns inside

Am I reading that right!!!! You got a 3 min. boil using 1 ounce of fuel and the simmer kicked in a 5 min and the simmer lasted for 2 min.

That 3 min. boil is a record breaker. I've never heard of an alcohol stove boiling 2 cups in 3 min. did you boil 2 cups of water?

Enter that stove in the Stove Of The Month forum. That one is a good candidate for sure. Tweek it, and then tweek it some more. Less booze while you do the tweekin so you can remember the results :lol: :lol: :P
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56

Postby oops56 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:51 pm

Yes whats happen the inter wick also burning so my guess twice as hot. i did again this morning but new set up fast boil 3-1/2 min. but no simmer much little to hot still try it more

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:09 pm

oops56 wrote:Yes whats happen the inter wick also burning so my guess twice as hot. i did again this morning but new set up fast boil 3-1/2 min. but no simmer much little to hot still try it more

Are you using that brass "Genie" looking bottle as your pot. Keep up the good testing. You're onto somthin hot :D don't get burned!!! man who plays with fire ;)

oops56

Postby oops56 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:17 pm

That is a cezve [ ibrik ] for making Turkish coffee thats way i am working on a stove to do two things Turkish coffee must not boil just all most must do it 2 to 3 times to get it right.Just as it foams take of let go down put on again etc.

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:02 pm

oops56 wrote:That is a cezve [ ibrik ] for making Turkish coffee thats way i am working on a stove to do two things Turkish coffee must not boil just all most must do it 2 to 3 times to get it right.Just as it foams take of let go down put on again etc.

You still testing this new system, any updates?

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:30 am

YooHooooo!!!! Oops, give us an update on this stove.

The 3 min boil is a record breaker, we will not let this one go, we want more!!!!! :D

oops56

Postby oops56 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:46 am

update was sick all week bad case constipation no fever it let lose yesterday boy i am hungry in 2 or 3 days get back to it. And guess what the wife make me a sandwich yep she did ham and cheese help :twisted: :twisted:

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:13 pm

oops56 wrote:update was sick all week bad case constipation no fever it let lose yesterday boy i am hungry in 2 or 3 days get back to it. And guess what i the wife make me a sandwich yep she did ham and cheese help :twisted: :twisted:

glad you and your wife are feeling better. The cheese is going to plug you up again. :( Better have some raisins and prunes. :)

Then get back to testing. Yhose food warmers on ebay looked intersting but I'm in control, I decided not to bid on them, too much stuff. :D

Return to “Oops56 Creations and Things”