I am now a maid

The stove creations of Oops56 and a Collection of Vintage Stoves of the Past
Ridgerunner

Re: I am now a maid

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:17 am

DarenN wrote:man, i love a crockpot roast!!
as a bachelor, it's one of my favorites. a cheap 4lbs roast, taters, carrots, and onyons, and i can eat for a week! :mrgreen:

and Bannock! can't forget the Bannock!! :lol:

Daren........

I like to take the same combination and add a head of cabbage quartered up and cook it in a pressure cooker. The rich brown juices permiate into the potatoes--OH MY :D :D We will use this set up at base camp on our hunting trips using a large turkey fryer propane burner and a large pressure cooker. Feeds half a dozen people easily.
;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:31 am

and Bannock! can't forget the Bannock!!

Guess I've been living a sheltered life as I had to look up what Bannock was :lol:
Low and behold, Daren, I found the recipe under the canoe camper web site. Figures :lol: I will share what I found and will definitely give it a try, thanks Deke !

http://www.gregcons.com/canoe/bannock.htm
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:25 pm

I'm beggining to feel really really really sorry for Mama Oops. :cry:

She needs something better than sardines and crackers for the next 3 weeks :lol: :lol:

Whoa!!! I had visions fo oops in a little tutu with a lacey black apron :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Make mama some steak and eggs for breakfast and some hash browns on the side :mrgreen:

Make me some eggs also while your at it!!!!!! :P
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:58 pm

zelph wrote:I'm beggining to feel really really really sorry for Mama Oops. :cry:

She needs something better than sardines and crackers for the next 3 weeks :lol: :lol:

Whoa!!! I had visions fo oops in a little tutu with a lacey black apron :o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Make mama some steak and eggs for breakfast and some hash browns on the side :mrgreen:

Make me some eggs also while your at it!!!!!! :P

I envisioned the tutu also but the apron was red and white checkers with shoulder straps and frilly lace and ruffles around the edges :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, and lets not forget the java or tea and Mrs. Oops favorite juice ;) That way you can test that new stove you got up in the middle of the night to make. :P :lol:

oops56

Postby oops56 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:52 pm

Well here is a good one my wife pot 4 quart that she had for years its black so had to wash it oops there is yellow under that black it looks just like it been used over a wood fire for years. It took 2 hours to get it off left the bottom black to dam hard it there to stay did pots disher my first 8 hour of work now i got to cut this out.
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:26 pm

oops56 wrote:Well here is a good one my wife pot 4 quart that she had for years its black so had to wash it oops there is yellow under that black it looks just like it been used over a wood fire for years. It took 2 hours to get it off left the bottom black to dam hard it there to stay did pots disher my first 8 hour of work now i got to cut this out.

No, no, no, no!!!! that's the pot you've been using out in the workshop. She snatched it when you were out cutting wood, the day before she tripped over the wedge you used to split the big honkers. :lol: The wedge you left on the sidewalk :roll:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:40 pm

zelph wrote:
oops56 wrote:Well here is a good one my wife pot 4 quart that she had for years its black so had to wash it oops there is yellow under that black it looks just like it been used over a wood fire for years. It took 2 hours to get it off left the bottom black to dam hard it there to stay did pots disher my first 8 hour of work now i got to cut this out.

No, no, no, no!!!! that's the pot you've been using out in the workshop. She snatched it when you were out cutting wood, the day before she tripped over the wedge you used to split the big honkers. :lol: The wedge you left on the sidewalk :roll:

Now we know why Mrs. Oops has a bum leg and Mr. oops has a guilty concience and is doing all the house work. :P :lol:

Return to “Oops56 Creations and Things”