Optimus Campingo

The stove creations of Oops56 and a Collection of Vintage Stoves of the Past
zelph

Re: Optimus Campingo

Postby zelph » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:01 pm

oops56 wrote:Ok see if i can say this right the + goes to a metal plate with a plastics top with some small hole and the rod goes to plate and got a rubber holes on it this part must not touch whats in the tank and the - one goes to piece to be cleaned. yep its a 10 amp but i can be less also it should be hook up to a battery then to tank this was my first time had no battery.The paint was hi temp takes to long out in the sun plus cars go by make dust put oven on about 200f for 20 min with door crack open then turn off let set 2 hours or so with door crack open let all get cold take out all done then do again there is two sides to it inside and out side.

What chemical is in the tank?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

oops56

Postby oops56 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:20 pm

zelph wrote:
oops56 wrote:Ok see if i can say this right the + goes to a metal plate with a plastics top with some small hole and the rod goes to plate and got a rubber holes on it this part must not touch whats in the tank and the - one goes to piece to be cleaned. yep its a 10 amp but i can be less also it should be hook up to a battery then to tank this was my first time had no battery.The paint was hi temp takes to long out in the sun plus cars go by make dust put oven on about 200f for 20 min with door crack open then turn off let set 2 hours or so with door crack open let all get cold take out all done then do again there is two sides to it inside and out side.

Arm & hammer washing soda use about a table spoon full
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:26 am

oops56 wrote:
zelph wrote:

Arm & hammer washing soda use about a table spoon full

If you put in more than a tablespoon will it work faster and clean better?

oops56

Postby oops56 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:14 pm

Nope more soda no work faster a battery charger is slow but with a battery charger hook to a battery then to the tank makes it faster. The first time i had no battery it took 2 days to do a good job i help it a little took out did some scraping but back in. Small things not to bad rusted takes 2 or 3 hours about.
Man play with fire man get burnt

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:11 pm

Thanks for the information oops.

dlarson
Site Admin

Postby dlarson » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:00 pm

Thanks Oops! Makes sense to me.
"Hiking is just walking where it's O.K. to pee." -Demetri Martin