Most Important Pack Features

realityguy

Re: Most Important Pack Features

Postby realityguy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:46 pm

Check the oriental supply stores..these two appear to have oriental writing on the bottoms..

The aluminum ones are lighter..Notice one has the bolt through it,one doesn't..yet.I have a couple(aluminum one shown in link) at the other house..for an overnight for one..or two people...like this set.Yes I do store some extra ducttape(tent,backpack,boot,for whatever.."patch") and hanging line on the other one...

sorry..came in bigger than I thought they would..oh well.. :roll:
When hanging off a tree...I hang off a branch about ten feet from the tree with a continuous loop of line.Tie on a small stick,throw the caribiner/stick over a high branch,make a continuous loop with the bottom of the loop 6' feet off the ground.I tie on a counterbalance stick opposite the can in the loop..and run the stick and the can about 12-15' off the ground.To retrieve it,I just grab the hanging down loop of line and rotate the can down to me..take the can and hook the rope loop together with the caribiner..the stick ends up down and the line still up there so when I want to put the can back in..it's easy in and out..and retrieve everything.
So far the raccoons haven't figured it out yet..the bear can is 12'-15' off the ground and 12-15' from the branch above..lost in space.If they jump on the rope to climb down..they get a free ride! :twisted:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:42 pm

I was looking for twist lock/screw top cans. I saw lots of the ones you show. Just have to add the bolt. I saw aluminum cans also. I'll try a local flea market tomorrow and see what comes up. Maybe go to the auction next wed. Great pic....no need to put my glasses on :D
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:00 pm

Sorry..about the pic size.I haven't used Photobucket in a while and their newer setup has become a total PITA rather than a joy.I won't be posting many pictures with them anymore..just too hard to find what you just loaded and I end up going round and round trying to find them,the links,the pages and everything..Why can't a website leave things alone and quit screwing with them?..all in the name of "updating"...Gees... :roll:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:09 pm

You can load your pics to different albums which makes it easier to stAy organize and what I like about the newer format is there is an option to look for most recently uploaded pics ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:13 pm

The new format took a while to get used to. RR is right, make an album for everything from today forward. 8-)
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “DIY Odds and Ends”