Clever camera tripod looks like an easy diy

ggarris

Re: Clever camera tripod looks like an easy diy

Postby ggarris » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:39 am

Here is a simple, inexpensive multiuse "pod" for your camera.

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:47 am

It's definately multi-use and easy to make.

Thanks ggarris
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:08 pm

very nice ggarris. I especially liked the way you could hook it around your car seats headrest and take pics of the countryside. I wonder if I could use an extended section and take video of my motorcycle cruising down the road? Many options with that setup ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:46 pm

I could see using that pod for wildflower photography, because it gets right down at ground level and allows for getting different positions and different angles to compose the photograph. I also like those wide angle lens close up photos at the inter-tidal zone. I think this one would do it, and, not be damaged in the mud flats or salt water.

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:19 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:very nice ggarris. I especially liked the way you could hook it around your car seats headrest and take pics of the countryside. I wonder if I could use an extended section and take video of my motorcycle cruising down the road? Many options with that setup ;)

Maybe even add some more deer alert whistles to the unit.

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:29 pm

Yeah..we want a you-tube video of you taking out your next deer. :lol: ..Is that too much to ask? :mrgreen:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:45 pm

That might be a tough one. I have added not one but two deer alert whistles to the front fender ;) there is a possibility of getting video of taking one with a bow but that would be for a different forum ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

viscara

Postby viscara » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:55 pm

One of the cheapest and best "Adaptable" is a molding type of Bean bag thats about the size of the camera you just set the bean bag made of sand or beans or rice or similar item inside of the bag and use it to hold the camera stead. good thing about this is you can easily adjust the angle of the camera. Some of the best ideas for backpacking I would say would be a combo of the Water bottle design but instead of a screw cap of a water bottle using something to attach it to the trekking pole but still have the "Ball Head" so you could angle the camera while having the trek pole stuck in the ground at chest level. These are for of course the typical self portraits one does were you don't have someone near the camera to hold it in place or steady. String and screw are great if you taking photos of landscapes but are useless if your doing the self portrait. also a "Spring" clamp with the same "Ball Head" attached to it make a good small clamp tripod. You could use that on a tree branch or trekking pole stuck in the ground. Of course all of these items are for "Pocket point n shoot cameras" No DSLRS here. If you doing that get a small and light Carbon fiber deal but the price tag on those carbon fibers are OUCH!
New guy to the stovy club but loving it. Own SVEA 123 and Coleman 1950' military stove, MSR Pocket Rocket,and make my own alchy stoves.

zelph

Postby zelph » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:46 pm

The bean bag idea is really great, I like it :D Where can we get the styrofoam beads?

sudden

Postby sudden » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:14 pm

I found this a while back but I think I messed up the post or had too many vids linked.
he finds the center of gravity on a tripod. It works really well.
"People are not persuaded by what we say, but rather by what they understand."

Return to “DIY Odds and Ends”