Weekender stove

ShakeyJke

Re: Weekender stove

Postby ShakeyJke » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:26 pm

since my last post got deleted I'm sure this one will as well. It would appear that I am not welcome to state why I edited my posts here.
But I will try again, and maybe some will have a chance to read it before it is hidden.

I quietly got rid of my posts here with the intention of fading off of this site. But after the snide remarks and the deletion of my earlier post I find myself reposting.

No, I am not alpinehiker, but his comment was funny. And no, I don't sell stoves. Nor do I worry that Dan will steal a wick stove design.

I got rid of my posts here, but one of my YT vids is now on here, not posted by me. Mock it if you like, and change the thread to make me look the fool, if you so wish. If I could Delete all 8 threads I started, believe me I would, So if the moderators wish to do so, that is fine by me.

Just look at this fiasco, is it any wonder why I moved away from this forum? how long before the mods delete this post?

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:44 pm

ShakeyJke

Restate your post that was deleted so I can read it. I don't know who or why it was deleted.
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:54 pm

No, I am not alpinehiker, but his comment was funny.

I see...so calling the others on here "ignorant racists fools" is funny to you?You're right..maybe you don't belong here.Perhaps you should think for yourself instead of what others tell you.I really don't think you are getting the entire picture in the stories you are hearing from your "sources".
That comment was AH's second comment in over six months..That should tell you something about him,don't you think?
I had the opportunity to delete your post..but didn't.This type of posting isn't good for you or the site.
Yes..your videos,comments,and commentors are viewable by all on u-tube...YOU'RE PUBLIC!
You came to this site to show off your stove and to get comments..you did.Personally I'm not a gram weanie and therefore gave you the comment I did.I was hoping you could understand why it was given and maybe think..well yeah..maybe if I have to pack an ounce or two of other junk..this ten gram stove isn't ten grams... and if I spend 3-4 minutes fueling the thing..the "boil should be about 3-4 minutes longer.Hopefully you'll understand my point.it isn't just your stove... which is probably an excellent design,I'm just not into packing a bunch of extra stuff to make them work,especially for a day hike.
I took Dan's comments as "thief" as humor and about 'stealing posts'..You looked beyond that and made your own conclusions.I'm pretty sure that's the way he felt also,knowing him for a couple years now.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

ShakeyJke

Postby ShakeyJke » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:07 pm

Realityguy: remember the imigration thread that is now gone? nobody wants to remember that one huh? This site lost some good contributers durring that fallout. You can loudly state you opinion, I dont have to agree or care. bash me, trash me, whatever. Be as grummpy as you want, its meaningless. Youve stated that you dont like something I made 3 times now, its getting redundent.

This done yet?

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:33 pm

ShakeyJke, we all remember it, let it go.

When you deleted your comments you denied the world your technical expertise. You took it away from everyone. RussB was the first one to discover the missing comments. We gather information here to share with everyone, all countries, all colors. I am the one that started the so called racist immigration thread. it was current events at the time. I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are. I deleted the thread because it was offensive to some. You came in the night and took with you something that belonged to everyone and said nothing. I made the comment "like a thief in the night" to get your attention and see if you would come back and retaliate. You are here and have the opportunity to say your piece. You have stated you deleted your comments "just be cause you wanted to". That's it? Are you influenced by others or did you do this on your own? Who put you up to it? I posted your video because I like your work and to show everyone where to go to keep informed of what your are doing.

"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:40 pm

w0w,

I post other people's YouTube videos all the time.

I think it is a compliment.

As far as that other thread, I hope I wasn't offensive.

I am an Indian.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:02 am

It would appear that I am not welcome to state why I edited my posts here.
But I will try again, and maybe some will have a chance to read it before it is hidden.
I quietly got rid of my posts here with the intention of fading off of this site.

ShakeyJake, I for one am real confused. You brought your ideas to the board and were welcomed and critiqued. I see no offensive comments so I am perplexed as to why you withdrew your post with the intention of fading away??? Here is your chance to explain your thought process. AND No, I had nothing to do with your comments being deleted. If you used offensive terms in your post, one of the other moderaters probably nixed it as this is a family site.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

ShakeyJke

Postby ShakeyJke » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:41 am

Zelph: Nobody put me up to getting rid of my posts, and I did it quietly, I didn't stomp my feet and make a ruckus, and that was out of respect for your forum. The reply as to the racist thread was not brought up by me, but I had to address it in defense.
If you are insulted due to my manor of getting rid of my posts, then I apologize. I was hoping that the threads would be long dead and not brought up again.

as far as me complaining about missing comments, one of mine got nuked and a couple of other peoples were removed, so this thread is a bit choppy when reading through it. So as to being confused as to some of the wording used, that is understandable.

as to the YT vids, I was annoyed after removing my posts and then seeing vids up there. Yes it is public and its not a big deal, I dont even care it being critiqued. But I do care when its being bashed about the same thing several times just to get a rise outta me. I can see that this is fun for people as it adds excitment to an otherwise dull day, so enjoy for the entertainment value.

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:58 pm

The immigration thread.. :roll: ..there was nothing racial about it!.Some people decided they wanted to make it that way and decided to leave..using their 'race card'...It was more of a news event/political statement thread than anything else.
My post there:Was basically describing what some local immigrants received just for entering the country,as told to me by them(most are still friends).
My response back was basically that maybe the US should be more conservative in this day and age and the US should take care of the homefront FIRST with people losing their jobs,houses,and life savings due to the recession.I imagine a lot more people, of all nationalities or races, would agree with me now..if it has happened to them.There was no racial issues involved in the thread.
Some people were offended by the thread,my comment,or other's comments..and left the site,I don't understand why.If you read more into that thread than what was there..that's your fault.If you heard about it from someone else,you got bad info from people that did read more into it.
I'm caucasian(at least 4 nationalities that at one time came across on the boat to the US in ages past).Between the families of my wife and I,we have caucasian,chinese,hawaiian,japanese, mexican,native american,afro-american,and a few white folk from all parts of eurasia.My friends are more diverse than that and mostly non-white(whatever "white" means to some people). Personally,whoever thought the thread was a racial thing was barking up the wrong tree and trying to stir up a hornet's nest over nothing;did a good job of it,and are still doing it.
That's the last time I will mention that thread.It was probably removed because it served no purpose
in this forum.
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Return to “Stove Of The Month Club”