i love it!
you're coming up with some great new innovative ideas. keep 'em coming. :D

Daren........

ps: it really is just one "R". ;)
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

realityguy

Re: The Outside-In Stove

Postby realityguy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:10 pm

Nice concept of forming the bottles and the double curtain by supplying air to the inside area also!
I can't really get most of the aluminum bottles in this area other than some hair product smaller ones and larger diameter hiking water bottles,don't know why :?: ...Being in construction and having lots of pvc and abs plastic pipe fittings,I'll have to give that a try..Thanx! ;)

As I've said in the past..I'm not against priming stoves,especially if they make an improvement in the burn...

One more thing..It seems feasible to burn the inner chamber only..say as a "simmer mode"..without fuel in the outer chamber..dual mode stove.I prefer stoves that have some kind of adjustable burn,two stage,high/low..not only burn and fry...
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:19 pm

JT, that is very innovative. A job well done and an interesting way to make a die to form the stove. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:45 pm

I have a 10 ton screw jack and a garage door header/floor... :shock:
Guess I have an arbor press... :mrgreen:

I've used that method for straightening bent bumpers.....also the side jambs..anything that will jack and compress something between two pretty well fixed objects and a hunk of 4x4 is all that is needed..say an expanding car jack..your wife won't mind..besides she uses AAA right?... :lol:
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:25 pm

Really, really creative especially the forming die/punch. It's amazing how the aluminum can form in such a way. who would have thought it. Very nice stove "just tinkering" Thanks for entering it.
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:42 pm

Yeah, and we have a good death and dismemberment policy.

Is that "arm and leg" dismemberment?..or does your policy cover other appendages? :shock:

:roll: ... :lol:

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:47 pm

I saw the ring on your finger in the video..didn't notice if you had one in your nose.. :mrgreen:

:lol:

Getting back on topic...I'll give the "arbor press" idea with your "die" idea a test some day soon.I want to try a similar stove idea for "dual burn" use.

Knotty

Postby Knotty » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:59 pm

Very cool stove. Gotta make me one of these.

The way I see it, the center vent not only provides internal priming but also an additional air source for the main burn.

You may want to add a thin layer of wicking material inside the primer cup. In really cold weather it will be much easier to light.

Irvingdog

Postby Irvingdog » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:40 pm

Nice design. You've got a knack.

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:49 am

You guys never see the failures.

I know for a fact that you aren't alone there.. :lol: ..I've had my fair share of meltdowns and flops..along with everyone else on the site that builds stoves... ;)

Return to “Stove Of The Month Club”