Voting for December Stove Of The Month

Ridgerunner

Re: Voting for December Stove Of The Month

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:10 pm

It was a tough decision so I looked for a sign from above and when I saw some deer foraging on acorns a light went off. Acorn Stove! :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:30 pm

sorry IR, I love the AB stove but I have to go with the more or less complete design of the ACORN. But once you get the bugs worked out of the AB - you'll have a winner.

Mutual feelings,IR..why none of mine are entered this month.I've got other projects I'm working on and won't be finishing a stove this month..Gotta go with the acorn since it seems to have the bugs out of it and ready for use on the trail... ;)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

russb

Postby russb » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:27 am

Acorn stove gets my vote.

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:47 pm

Looks like Just tinkering's Acorn Stove takes the honors of being "Stove Of The Month"

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll send out brand new 2010 "Super Stove" :D
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

realityguy

Postby realityguy » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:52 pm

Congrats,JT! :DB:

I did redo the energizer once the top end fell off..now it weighs 1-1/2oz,is 2" in diameterX5/8" high and holds a maximum just about 13ml....less than 1/2 of an ounce.
Using my lightweight 4"+ pan,water got to about 200 degrees..I need to experiment with a skinnier,taller pan and a better windscreen to get the boil..burns for about 18 minutes tops.

Makes a nice keychain stove or coffee warmer.. ;)
The views and opinions expressed by this person are his own and not the general consensus of others on this website.Realityguy

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:37 pm

just tinkering wrote:I would like to thank everyone for their energy and support. This has been a great site to share ideas about stoves and other goodies. As far as the ACORN stove, I am working on the second generation design and hope to have some system level testing (pot stand, windscreen and all) by next month. Additionally, I am working on getting all my testing done to a standardized methodology (better tracking of fuel and evironmental conditions). Again, thank you all for your support.

Jon

Lots of folks out there like your design, over on Whiteblaze also. Keep the ideas flowing, enter one for the month of January.

Everyone out there lurking, come on in and share your ideas no matter how big or small. You could be our next winner :D
"Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained" stove store = http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Stove Of The Month Club”