Zelphs October stove.

zelph

Zelphs October stove.

Postby zelph » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:29 pm

My entry for the month is this one:

I used a battery terminal cleaner case to make this stove.(bottom half) Figerglass Exhaust Wrap is what I used inside to hold the fuel. It has a stainless steel lever that raises and lowers the wick to vary the flame height. The lever store inside the wick for storage. It weighs 43 grams and holds 1 ounce of fuel. Have not made any test boils yet.

Here a some photos of a stove(Megawick) using the battery terminal cleaner case:

Image This is the original design without adjusting lever.

Image pot on top of stove
Image full speed
Image simmer
Image adjusting rod inserted. New design. Has pot stand attached. Complete stove. Fuel won't spill out.

Image full speed
Imagesimmer

Image adjusting rod stores inside the wick
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Re: Zelphs October stove.

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:55 am

I like your idea , Zelph. My only concern would be the stability of the stove as narrow and tall as it is, especially in windy conditions.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Re: Zelphs October stove.

Postby zelph » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:52 am

Ridgerunner wrote:I like your idea , Zelph. My only concern would be the stability of the stove as narrow and tall as it is, especially in windy conditions.

If I filled the base with concrete I think that will stabilize it :D

You bring up a good point about stove weight and design. Recent design by G Carr, the gramm weinie stove is super light and small in diameter. Seems to me it would blow away easily while trying to fill it with fuel. I design stoves around the current trends. Folks are becoming interested in smaller stoves. I'm influenced by peoples needs and wants. I personally prefer an open wood fire, it's a pyro thing :mrgreen: . The globe is looking as if it will become my open fire of choice. If Tony enters his stove and billy I think my chances of being in the club will go out the window. :D Actually some one could nominate his stove and it would be entered. He living in Austrailia does'nt allow him to be here that often. He may not see what I wrote in his thread :)
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Return to “Stove Of The Month Club”