My late entry for July

zelph

My late entry for July

Postby zelph » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:26 pm

This is a good one :D

It boils 2 cups of water with 1/2 ounce of denatured.

I used a battery terminal cleaner case to make this stove.(bottom half) Figerglass Exhaust Wrap is what I used inside to hold the fuel. It has a stainless steel lever that raises and lowers the wick to vary the flame height. The lever store inside the wick for storage. It weighs 43 grams and holds 1 ounce of fuel.

Here a some photos of a stove(Megawick) using the battery terminal cleaner case:

Image This is the original design without adjusting lever.

Image pot on top of stove
Image full speed
Image simmer
Image adjusting rod inserted. New design. Has pot stand attached. Complete stove. Fuel won't spill out.

Image full speed
Imagesimmer

Image adjusting rod stores inside the wick
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Re: My late entry for July

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:46 pm

Ingenious design. You went back a long way in the archieves to find that one. You were thinking outside the box on that one. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:09 am

Ridgerunner wrote:Ingenious design. You went back a long way in the archieves to find that one. You were thinking outside the box on that one. ;)

Thankyou, if only the pot support was 3/16 stainless steel mesh instead of galvanized.

I should get an inexpensive video cam and make some videos of these stoves and show how they function. My camera is archaic ;)

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:07 pm

I should get an inexpensive video cam and make some videos of these stoves and show how they function. My camera is archaic

WallyWorld....$60 DXG 4mpeg digital video camera.. but will need an additional memory card to record videos much more than a few minutes. So....another $15 for a 1 GB card. ;) also has macro focusing ;) price is right for us bottom feeders. :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:51 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
I should get an inexpensive video cam and make some videos of these stoves and show how they function. My camera is archaic

WallyWorld....$60 DXG 4mpeg digital video camera.. but will need an additional memory card to record videos much more than a few minutes. So....another $15 for a 1 GB card. ;) also has macro focusing ;) price is right for us bottom feeders. :lol:

Oh my!!!! that's in my price range :mrgreen: I'll have to mozy on over there tomorrow and check it out. Thanks Ridgerunner ;)

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:02 pm

Oh my!!!! that's in my price range I'll to mozy on over there tomorrow and check it out. Thanks Ridgerunner

Your Welcome ! That's what I said. Very reasonable and good enough quality for our purposes ! ;)

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:08 pm

now if someone would pleasepost a primer on how to make and post videos?

Daren........
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

oops56

Postby oops56 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:35 pm

DarenN wrote:now if someone would pleasepost a primer on how to make and post videos?

Daren........

I got to pass on this for now not good at righting how to but if no can do it i will give it a try
DarenN we can do it on the private e mail on here
Man play with fire man get burnt

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:41 pm

Daren, it is fairly simple with high speed internet service.

1) take your video with your digital videocamera
2) load it onto your computer
3) go to your media hosting site (photobucket, youtube, etc.) and upload your
video from your computer to your account. (keep in mind, photobucket allows
only up to 5 minutes and 100mb. free)
tip: because I use dial up, I load the video to a flash card and take it to a computer
that has high speed. It will still take awhile to load.
4)The just copy and paste the URL for your video on bplite using the URL button at the top of your posting page

I hope this helps---ask more specific questions if needed and we will try to talk you through. ;)

Return to “Stove Of The Month Club”