JulyEntry---Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner

Re: JulyEntry---Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:58 pm

Video went well---loaded it to computer, then flash card and took it into town for high speed access only to find out photobuckets maximum video size is 100 mb and mine was 120 mb. Da*%#it. Came home and redid the video to only discover the quality not nearly as good, but it was 99.8 mb so I know my time limit is about 9:15 minutes. ;) Will give her another shot tomorrow after work. ;)
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:14 pm

That's totally cool Ridgerunner!!!!

Looks like a mini GI Joe "Brinkman" Stainless steel camp stove.

Very , Very nice!!!!

Super Idea. It's a winner for sure ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back from vacation and I'm tired of driving!!!! :lol: It's going to take me a while to catchup on current events :mrgreen:
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:59 pm

This video thing has me a bit confused. Photobucket says the maximum size you can load is 100 mb. My latest effort was only 34 mb and 8+ minutes and each time i loaded it, it said it was complete but only plays for 5 minutes and stops. Any ideas? Well my niece hooked me up an account on youtube and we tried loading it there. Here is the link, not sure if it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6AMfhAUz-U
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

oops56

Postby oops56 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:30 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:This video thing has me a bit confused. Photobucket says the maximum size you can load is 100 mb. My latest effort was only 34 mb and 8+ minutes and each time i loaded it, it said it was complete but only plays for 5 minutes and stops. Any ideas? Well my niece hooked me up an account on youtube and we tried loading it there. Here is the link, not sure if it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6AMfhAUz-U

I get the same thing on photobucket also dont like long videos.The stove works ok just a wee bit flame control.Can you ship me cup coffee :lol: :lol: i got pay pal :lol:
Man play with fire man get burnt

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:42 pm

I get the same thing on photobucket also dont like long videos.The stove works ok just a wee bit flame control.Can you ship me cup coffee i got pay pal

Just went to photobucket and read the parameters. Free accounts get 100mb video but only 5 minutes. Upgraded accounts(you pay) are allowed 100mb and 10 minute video. Huey !!! :P
I picked the cup up at a garage sale. If I come across another one Oops, I will send it to you free. PM your address and I will keep an eye out for one. ;)

oops56

Postby oops56 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:45 pm

Ridgerunner wrote:
I get the same thing on photobucket also dont like long videos.The stove works ok just a wee bit flame control.Can you ship me cup coffee i got pay pal

Just went to photobucket and read the peramiters. Free accounts get 100mb video but only 5 minutes. Upgraded accounts(you pay) are allowed 100mb and 10 minute video. Huey !!! :P
I picked the cup us at a garage sale. If I come across another one Oops, I will send it to you free. PM your address and I will keep an eye out for one. ;)

See i did again type faster then the brain can work i mean the hot coffee not the cup :lol: :lol:

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:51 pm

See i did again type faster then the brain can work i mean the hot coffee not the cup

Oh, I see. You make funny! :lol: You typed it right. I just interpreted it wrong. :roll:

I did not get a good seal on the Microlyte burner which is why it flickers. Need to make a simmer control next. :lol: Fun stove, something a little different. Hard to come up with new ideas. :ugeek:

oops56

Postby oops56 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:58 pm

I like the idea one small one big how much fuel will each hold.One that big one a simmer ring would work good a nice long burn. Did you see my sink drain stove put one on the big one the flame be better

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:10 pm

I like the idea one small one big how much fuel will each hold.One that big one a simmer ring would work good a nice long burn. Did you see my sink drain stove put one on the big one the flame be better
Reminds me of my Sears propane 3-burner stove(yhe old orange and yellow ones). It has one smaller burner. The Microlyte holds about 3/4 ounce of fuel and the Starlyte knockoff(used your tiki wicks inside) holds at least a full ounce or more. ;) Saw the sink drain stove---reminded me of old catylytic heater. :D

DarenN

Postby DarenN » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:19 pm

that's a damn fine stove you got there Ridgerunner!

you're right; new ideas are hard to come by. i burned myself out on the Jolgia back in May, so i sent my thoughts in a new direction for a while.

i have some new ideas now but they aren't going to be what we have been looking for here. not UL and not un-bulky, but still burning alcohol. first i must prove the tech, then move on to down-sizing and litening.

thanks for the tip on the measuring cup!

Daren.....
"I'd rather be happy than right." Slartibartfast

Return to “Stove Of The Month Club”