Shmel 1

The vintage stoves are still being used.
Show us some pics of yours.
steamjam

Shmel 1

Postby steamjam » Mon May 27, 2013 7:09 pm

Once again me mates turned up and after quite a few beers, I stupidly logged onto Ebay and spent 30 bux...

Its a 1970's Shmel-1 stove. Its missing its inner silencer cap so I'll either haveto somehow find one, or more likely I'll haveto make one out of some stainless sheet stock. Otherwise its built like a tank and runs pretty good on regular unleaded.

Ridgerunner

Re: Shmel 1

Postby Ridgerunner » Mon May 27, 2013 10:10 pm

Nice find steamjam! How did I miss that one? :roll: Did that come from the states? Looks like more testing is in the works :lol:
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

zelph

Postby zelph » Tue May 28, 2013 2:51 pm

hahaha you got Shmelpped :mrgreen: Happens every time. Everytime I go on ebay I wanna get Origoed.........I have too many stoves. I'm going to get rid of some this week when I go East. :mrgreen:

The stove looks like a "brutus maximus" The pot supports are substantial :mrgreen:

What's the function of the outer piece with the handle?
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

steamjam

Postby steamjam » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:05 pm

zelph wrote:hahaha you got Shmelpped :mrgreen: Happens every time. Everytime I go on ebay I wanna get Origoed.........I have too many stoves. I'm going to get rid of some this week when I go East. :mrgreen: The stove looks like a "brutus maximus" The pot supports are substantial :mrgreen:
What's the function of the outer piece with the handle?

It's a windscreen. The handle is there because to light the stove, you lift the windscreen off, fill the primer pan, light, and then re-install the screen.

zelph

Postby zelph » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:11 pm

You got nice toys.....no way you can get bored at home or at work :lol:

steamjam

Postby steamjam » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:42 pm

zelph wrote:You got nice toys.....no way you can get bored at home or at work :lol:

No. I just have a very boring job.

zelph

Postby zelph » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:38 pm

steamjam wrote:
zelph wrote:You got nice toys.....no way you can get bored at home or at work :lol:

No. I just have a very boring job.

Design a new horn/whistle for the engines. The type that play a tune :mrgreen: every time you come to a place that needs a little toot you can toot a little tune. You'll have folks waiting for your train to come by just to hear your new creation. 8-) Use your existing whistle but learn how to regulate it so you can play a tune. Hey, you gotta liven up your day, why not whistle a few tunes :D

steamjam

Postby steamjam » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:54 pm

zelph wrote: Design a new horn/whistle for the engines. The type that play a tune :mrgreen: every time you come to a place that needs a little toot you can toot a little tune. You'll have folks waiting for your train to come by just to hear your new creation. 8-) Use your existing whistle but learn how to regulate it so you can play a tune. Hey, you gotta liven up your day, why not whistle a few tunes :D

haha. In actuality, I am trying to come up with a jet turbine engine that runs of diesel or even perhaps hardware store naphtha using a turbo charger off a Ford truck, a few lengths of stainless tube, and a GM 4/71 fuel injector.

zelph

Postby zelph » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:29 pm

steamjam wrote:
zelph wrote: Design a new horn/whistle for the engines. The type that play a tune :mrgreen: every time you come to a place that needs a little toot you can toot a little tune. You'll have folks waiting for your train to come by just to hear your new creation. 8-) Use your existing whistle but learn how to regulate it so you can play a tune. Hey, you gotta liven up your day, why not whistle a few tunes :D

haha. In actuality, I am trying to come up with a jet turbine engine that runs of diesel or even perhaps hardware store naphtha using a turbo charger off a Ford truck, a few lengths of stainless tube, and a GM 4/71 fuel injector.

Well that better than a whistle :lol: Have fun developing and keep us informed.

Return to “Vintage Backpacking Stoves”