Just got gifted a SVEA 123? or 123R? how to fix it?

The vintage stoves are still being used.
Show us some pics of yours.
zelph

Re: Just got gifted a SVEA 123? or 123R? how to fix it?

Postby zelph » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:15 pm

Works just perrrrfect. Nice demo and thanks for doing the video. Man and his fire machines :D
http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:16 pm

viscara, Use the youtube "button" in Reply, only put what is after the URL link "equals =" sign.

Here it is.

viscara

Postby viscara » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:05 pm

Thanks Zelph: Its note 100% perfect but for now it will do until I get another Jet for it. Or I may try fettling with the jet cleaning a needle a tad to see if that helps. But really the stove does work pretty well. I really appreciate everyones answers here to help me out and learn more about fettling with my stove. Especially Oops56 and Zelph and a few others.

Connie thanks for the tip how to post the video I tried the youtube link button but I think I just did not know the spot in the code to put the link to the video. Now I know its after the = sign thanks to you. I will give it a try here to see if I can get it post the video correctly. Everyone here is great for teaching me the ropes.
New guy to the stovy club but loving it. Own SVEA 123 and Coleman 1950' military stove, MSR Pocket Rocket,and make my own alchy stoves.

viscara

Postby viscara » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:07 pm

Thanks connie I got it the 2nd time correctly on how to post the video. Sorry for everyone else for the above double post but I was not able for some reason to delete the 1st post that did work embedding the video.
New guy to the stovy club but loving it. Own SVEA 123 and Coleman 1950' military stove, MSR Pocket Rocket,and make my own alchy stoves.

Ridgerunner

Postby Ridgerunner » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:40 pm

viscara, the little "x" next to the edit button on the top right will enable you to delete your post.
"Many of lifes failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up".....Thomas Edison

"Live Life....Love Life....Ask More !

viscara

Postby viscara » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:45 pm

I thought I had seen a little x next to the edit but connie but within 2 min of posting that first attempt of the video link post the x button was not on the webpage.. weird. So moderator or webmaster feel free to delete that first video link post if they like.

Thanks everyone for all the great advice and help.

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:09 am

I have that little "x" disappear after the next post.

I can tell you how much help I needed to post my first youtube video in the forum.

viscara

Postby viscara » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:43 am

Thanks Connie.. I appreciate it. as a video sort of speaks a thousand words. I am currently feddling with my stoves jet cleaning needle adjustments. I am having to wait about 15minutes for it to cool down so I can take the jet out and adjust the depth of the cleaning needle. But this is how you learn things. Its sort of a bit like tuning a carburetor on a car.. I just hope I can find a potstand windshield for it.

Today my neighbor saw the stove and was a bit in envy of the stove because he liked it size.

ConnieD

Postby ConnieD » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:05 pm

Watch out! Envy is a problem.

I purchased three nesting billy cans with lids for my SVEA 123 from Smiley's in San Francisco, to take one, two or three cooking pots. The store also had three cotton stuff sacks made to fit each billy can, each pot still able to nest inside the other.

From my point of view, this was the perfect solution for cooking pots and for soot.

Before I got to use it, my entire small pack and cool stuff inside was stolen by a homeless man.

The pain. It turns out, in the city, a small pack or bookbag is stripped down and off your shoulders.

That isn't how he got it. It was a coffee shop theft. That is how I no longer have my SVEA 123.

viscara

Postby viscara » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:37 pm

Man that really chaps my hide.. I swear I love the beautiful city of San Francisco and its history and architecture but I really really hate how San Francisco is really turned into a "S!&%#" hole due to the liberal laws of city of San Francisco.. Dont get me wrong I do care about "Legitimate" homeless individuals but sorry 95% of those dirtbags are just thugs and thieves pure and simple. I have lived in the city I have friends who have lived in the city all their lives and honestly the rules have really gone out the window in the City. The cities laws and liberal ways have made it a complete magnet for thieves and drug abusers like moths to a flame. I mean "Warm california weather a free meal you dont go to jail for peeing on the side walk and even worse" Sounds like bum heaven. Then Mayor Gaven made it even worse.

So sorry to hear that you can not even sit your should pack or bag in a coffee shop and turn your back for a second without some dirt bag stealing your prized possession. What a shame... As I know how much my stove meant to me and how bummed I was when it came up missing. So I take it you no longer have a SVEA123 ? if so thats not right and we have to find you a new stove Connie. I bet your stove is in some craigslist listing in the Bay Area I will have to look out for it. Any distinguishing markings on it?

Return to “Vintage Backpacking Stoves”